Angel & Tony (Angèle et Tony) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Angel & Tony (Angèle et Tony) Reviews

½ February 13, 2016
Another excellent French film with 2 amazing actors in the lead roles - Clotilde Hesme and Gregory Gadebois.
½ June 22, 2014
It's full of good intentions, but in the end I found the story flat, a screenplay lazily written, and populated with empty characters.
½ September 18, 2012
I was hoping this film would be good and I wasn't at all disappointed. It was lovely.

The story is simple, and predictable enough if you want to predict things, but it's very nicely told, with delightful understatement and restraint. The film is beautifully photographed, again with great restraint, so that the beauty of the northern sea and sky and the pale and subtle colours of the landscape are allowed to emerge and speak for themselves.

The film doesn't pretend to be anything more than a simple romance. It certainly doesn't pretend to be great. But it is in fact very good.
½ July 31, 2012
An excellent film, bleak, tender, sexy and moving all together. It made me cry, and I'm a fairly cynical sort of guy. What a pity that such a minor masterpiece will never make it onto general release. It seems to me that French cinema at the moment is simply knocking spots off the general mainstream diet of Hollywood offerings and dare I say it, British films. Maybe we should make film making an Olympic Sport? Anyway, do yourself a favour - go and see it. You won't be disappointed.
March 6, 2012
pas extra
film un peu surcote
½ September 12, 2011
Odd pairing of the lead characters with nothing in common. Not convinced that they will stay together for long after the ending. Nice cinematography.
½ August 17, 2011
Muito bonito, e muito bem servido pelos seus actores. Sai-se de lá feliz e bem disposto. Sabe muito bem ver filmes assim.
Impressiona mais ainda quando sabemos que à (C) a primeira obra desta realizadora.
August 9, 2011
A very slow-paced naturalistic look at the lives of some fairly ordinary people in a fishing village in France. If you enjoy long takes and meaningful cinematography you'll love this.
June 23, 2011
Dialogue was minimal, acting was of such high quality that the film was so compelling. Fantastic film filled with beautiful messages.
May 28, 2011
enjoyable but the main characters seemed underdeveloped.
½ May 26, 2011
Gentle, small-scale portrait of bruised odd couple's journey to love is sweet & observant. More Clotilde Hesme, please.
May 14, 2011
Modest, quite but very moving small French drama with a beautiful performance by the lead actress. Packs more emotion into 80 mins. than many longer films.
April 10, 2011
vu le dimanche 10 avril 2011 (jour des 37 ans de ma soeur) au cinà (C)ma Le Cratère à Toulouse de 20h30 à 22h !