Angel in the Family - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Angel in the Family Reviews

½ March 31, 2014
I like Christmas movies but this really was schmaltzy dross. Very little imagination used with the story and plot and the father was such a one dimensional saccharine character it was difficult to form much emotional attachment to this film. No real time spent to dwell on how exactly the mother was able to come back which would have at least lifted this slightly. More made for the dumpster than for TV.
September 29, 2011
looks bad .... very bad
½ April 9, 2011
Wow, what a bad movie. They tried to make a good kids family movie, and what did they make? A cliche filled travesty, that's what. Music played at almost every scene, even the scenes that were pointless, so when it got around revealing the mother, I thought it was going to be pretty magical, with music and drama, you know, the stuff that was in EVERY SCENE BEFORE IT, BUT NO!!!! All it was was you hear a voice, the girl turns around, and the mom was there with food in her hands. No music or drama in the only scene that needed it. *Screams*. The acting was horrible and the only person that was both played at least decent and was likable named Buddy, who was played by, get this, Ronny Cox. So, this movie is horrible, plain and simple. But, if you own a copy, I wouldn't be too disappointed, because you could sell it on eBay for, what, 3 bucks?
½ February 4, 2011
December 30, 2010
I liked it but it waz kind of wierd. But still good.
½ November 23, 2010
A true dipiction of family life destroyed by a mother's death, but out of the ashes the mother comes back as an angel who helps the family back to a unit again.

This TV Hall of Fame production is very typical, in that it is a formula cleansing of the spirit, of sort.

Only a TV status film, it brings lots of warm feelings.

Actors: Meredith Baxter; Ronny Cox; Natasha Gregson Wagner; Tracey Needham; Tess Harper
Directors: Georg Stanford Brown
Format: Color, DVD, NTSC, Widescreen
Language: English
bbcfloridabound
November 22, 2010
Film Number 8. This is a Hallmark film, don't let that scare you. Most of what I've seen on Hallmark this season has been Chick Flicks, but this one is more family a good sit down lets watch it Christmas afternoon for the whole family. Movie is about a lonely widowed husband who after having a stroke starts seeing and talking to his dead wife. H insist his daughter takes them back to the home he and his wife lived in, that's when the story gets good and at times sad. Will not give no more away here. Only disappointment was seeing how Tess Harper has aged. 5 Stars
December 28, 2009
A tad unrealistic... and strange! But was a goodish movie!
½ December 13, 2009
Nice feel good Christmas movie
August 1, 2009
dis movie is super great
December 1, 2006
What a stupid sappy movie. So corny. I have no clue to why Natasha Gregson Wagner is in this film, it's not a role typical of her. I love her as an actress. Her resemblance to her Mom Natalie Wood is so amazing. If it wasn't for her would not have made it through the film. Made for TV crap.