Angela - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Angela Reviews

August 31, 2012
Brilliant little gem!
November 11, 2011
for all you pedophiles who like it softcore and with a narrative and maybe religion and a bruised girl this is the movie for you! maybe if those three medina guys knew about this movie they could have gotten arrested a few days later :-(
October 22, 2009
Think "Heavenly creatures', only not as good.
May 1, 2009
just WONDERFUL. i loved everything.
August 13, 2008
This was a very odd indie film, a heart wrenching depiction of two girls mentally strained by their mothers rapid decline into psychosis. Not a pick-er-upper.
August 12, 2008
This one has all the ingredients of an almost stereotypically pretentious indie dysfunctional family drama: unrealistically precocious children, annoyingly quirky characters, mental illness, religious criticism, creepy sexual ambiguity involving children, grungy lower middle-class locals, alcoholism, rape, pretentious fantasy dream sequences, and Vincent Gallo. Slow-paced and amateurishly made with some really bad actors, overall just not worth watching.
September 29, 2007
great film with some technical difficulties. reminiscent of sally mann's photography
September 23, 2007
Haunting and disturbing.
½ June 23, 2007
Strange, powerful and compelling film. Definetly one you have to watch more then once to full comprehend it.
June 22, 2007
Definitely worth looking at if you're a Vincent Gallo fan, and even if you're not, it's still a pretty original and decent film.
June 11, 2007
I regret never buying this... I've watched it 4 times... and perhaps it's changed my life? If not, it's still one of my favorite films. Oh yeah! And every time i watch it I notice more and more boom-mikes appearing at the top of the screen.
May 20, 2007
the acting and cast were done well but i just didnt understand what it was about
½ May 6, 2007
fairly obscure title. has some really dark themes reunning through it. The ending - well I didn't see it coming I have to admit. The 2 child actors are both pretty good. The direction is not bad but the boom mike becomes really annoying and it's little things like that, and the fact the film does not delve as deeply into the troubled waters it stirs as it should, ultimately lets the viewer down.
½ April 23, 2007
tells the story of 2 children and their manic depressive mother,the children believe if they rid themselves of all sin &evil their mother will be cured.Angela the eldest becomes obsessed with the concept of sin and moves further away from reality,and in to the world of her imagination,an old movie but deffinately one to watch.
January 21, 2007
wanna see it i cant wAIT LOL !!!
January 13, 2007
i saw this on tv and it made me think. the lil kids do a gerat job. its all together a graet movie.
RubenBooth
June 17, 2006
Completely taken by suprise by this (I picked it up for 99p with a cover plugging Vincent Gallo, who's in it for about 2 minutes).

Miranda Stuart Rhyne is quite brilliant as Angela and looking on IMDB, I can only hope she returns to the craft. Miller also deserves special credit for her deft yet delicate storytelling.
February 15, 2006
Blasphemous, pedophyllic film; don't try this @ home, ever! Has no respect for kids' dignity.