Animal World Reviews

• Apr 05, 2021

It is good in the sense that it is original in the concept and some aspects of how it chooses to develop the plot, however... some important aspects of the plot do not go anywhere and almost seem like an excuse for a theme, considering they kinda break with the mood of the film at times, making it seem outrageous and exaggerated.

• Feb 28, 2021

Basically a cheap ripoff of "Liar Game". It's not new and it's not unique. Unnecessary fantasy CGI bulk, needless matrix-style panning, weird clown fetish, and a flimsy plot with no purpose other than to be extravagant. The Protagonist also has 8th-grade syndrome. Moreover it took about 20 minutes to actually get on the darn boat for the main synopsis.

• Nov 09, 2020

Its visually entertaining. If u were interested in a movie about a life or death high stakes game of rock paper scissors then this is the movie for you. Anything sword or clown related is tangential and is touched on but underdeveloped and unrelated as to wonder if it would only be fully fleshed out in a planned sequel which is setup at the end. Characters are likeable. Movie is watchable. A couple movies with slightly similar themes that i'd prioritize if u had limited time would be snowpiercer, and the platform (el hoyo).

• Aug 27, 2020

The main CH has a lot of problems but he is a mathematical genius and most of the characters are pretty likable. It has a nice happy ending and the main CH doesn't loose his kindness even though he went threw a lot in the film. His motives are pretty pure since he wants to help his mother and marry his childhood friend. He does have mental issues which leads to some pretty strange but interesting scenes.

• May 09, 2020

Totally garbage! Simply too much unnecessary CG effects and scenes. It lacks in story as compared to the original Kaiji. Basically, the entirely movie is all about paper, scissor and stone gambling and showing off of CG effects.

• Mar 29, 2020

I lived in China and have therefore, watched plenty of Chinese movies. Why does that matter: because this just seems like a blockbuster rip-off. Trying hard to be something it's not. Don't get me wrong, the visuals in terms of the CGI is amazing but I have no idea how it relates to the story-line at all, so it makes it confusing and mismatched, especially because I've never read the manga or what it correlates to (the only clown movie I have seen is: IT). It's almost three movies in one. A Hollywood superhero movie to try and appeal to it's western and 'current' action movie fans, a gambling movie and a gangster/mafia movie all mashed in together. The visuals are good and so is the acting but everything else is hectic. I kept fast forewording it and was still tempted to turn it off.

• Mar 26, 2020

Crazy movie .Very complex. I may have to watch it again just to get down all the aspects of the game but a very cool movie overall. Would definitely recommend this.

• Jan 30, 2020

I absolutely loved this dark twist on rock paper scissors and psychological drama, I truly hope there is a second movie!

• Dec 28, 2019

What did I just watched?? Best movie I’ve seen in years!

What did I just watched?? Best movie I’ve seen in years!

• Nov 28, 2019

Can you follow with the mathematics or statistical of probability of things?? If not than you will not like this movie.. not saying you have to but me being a poker player and understanding the chance of things and the risk of gamble I love this movie and the game being "rock,paper, scissor" ! "Rock, paper, scissor" people and clowns lol, I read these other reviews in this movie and don't even think they really watched it, or understand it, because they didn't really watch it or actually ever experience gambling or the understanding of gambling. My opinion it's genius how they took a universal game and make it life and death, showed greed, loyalty, and betrayal, and risk in a simple childhood game long with probability and strategy. Every little detail to this movie means something plus the real "ant man" is in it