Anjelah Johnson: That's How We Do It! - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Anjelah Johnson: That's How We Do It! Reviews

August 22, 2014
Her jokes are tailored to females. Not that she's unfunny, its just not really my thing. And I feel like the jokes in this are quite dated, even though it's only 5 years old.
½ April 5, 2014
I imagine "The Homecoming Show" would be much funnier if you know some Filipinos and Puerto Ricans.
June 7, 2011
Great comedian. Laugh everytime.
½ February 19, 2011
"Turn the other cheek; with your fist." Not bad. Johnson manages to dance around the usual topics, do a few original twists, and elicit an occasional chuckle. OK stand-up. With time, she might be someone to watch.
February 14, 2011
Hilarious and phenomenal stand-up comedian! No foul language and you can watch her over and over and keep laughing!
November 28, 2010
If you have not seen or heard beautiful nail I strongly suggest you watch it.
April 21, 2010
Thoroughly enjoyable. Once upon a time, I thought Johnson was just annoying, but I think that's because I never really warmed up to Mad TV. But watching her do stand-up is a real treat. First off, she is very good at what she does with clever timing and great facial expressions and gestures (and girl can dance! if you keep watching to the end - makes sense, since she's a former Raiderette). Secondly, her stand-up is amazingly clean - granted, lots of racial remarks, but never did I hear her say one swear word or talk about sex in any explicit way. Thirdly, she covers topics both socially charged and mundane, and always with an air of "keepin' it real." If racial humor makes you uncomfortable, stay away - but if you're ready to laugh at the foibles of US society, I think you'll enjoy this one.