The Tomatometer rating – based on the published opinions of hundreds of film and
television critics – is a trusted measurement of movie and TV programming quality
for millions of moviegoers. It represents the percentage of professional critic reviews
that are positive for a given film or television show.
From the Critics
From RT Users Like You!
The Tomatometer is 60% or higher.
The Tomatometer is 59% or lower.
Movies and TV shows are Certified Fresh with a steady Tomatometer of 75% or
higher after a set amount of reviews (80 for wide-release movies, 40 for
limited-release movies, 20 for TV shows), including 5 reviews from Top Critics.
Percentage of users who rate a movie or TV show positively.
Shortly after independence India faces terrorists attacks in Assam, resulting in many deaths and casualties. A group of concerned citizens, who are not connected with the Government, decide to do something to stop this carnage. While Salim is already at work in Beirut, his cover is blown and he is shot dead. Now Sunil Mehra must travel to Beirut and take over from Salim. Once there, he meets a former flame, Meenakshi Mehta, and also a female admirer by the name of Zenab. The terrorists are headed by a man named Syed, who deputes one of his assistants, Madame, to spy on Sunil's dad, Diwan Chand Mehra, by posing as Mehra's daughter's aunt, forcing her to obey by abducting her son, Babloo, and holding him captive. Soon Syed and his associates, including Doctor X and Captain find out all secrets of Mehra, as a result of which Sunil is trapped and held by Syed. Then Diwan's world is shattered when Meenakshi telephonically informs him that Sunil has been killed. The question remains what will happen to Babloo, Diwan, and the rest of the concerned citizens, especially when they have become vulnerable due to Madame's presence in their very household.
There are no critic reviews yet for Ankhen (Aankhen)(The Eyes). Keep checking Rotten Tomatoes for updates!
Audience Reviews for Ankhen (Aankhen)(The Eyes)
Sunata Maut sar per Gumti he per aaj mein Maut ke uppar gumraha hun.
Translated They say death hovers over you, but I m hanging over death tonight. - Mehmood
A Spy-Thriller. I really dont have proper words to describe this Movie. What I like about the Old Bollywood Movies was that the OUTDOOR Shootings. Great places of the country were shot you will feel to be there too.
Ankhen aka the Eyes is a great Spy Thriller. A tiny bit of everything. This Movie proves how Bollywood has changed these days.
Dont get me wrong I dont have anything against changes but the " good old touch" of Hindustandpan in Hindustani Movies has just dissappeared either in Nudity or copying the great Pieces from Hollywood Just for the sake of the good old Rupaiya.
If you see a Spy Thriller of these days in Bollywood mostly 95% a Hollywood Copy the other 5% ofcourse the useless songs.
I laughed my Belly off! Mehmood as Spy and his interrogation methods, great lord! The song dede allah ke naam which was partly shot in Beirut, Lebanon was so awesome to watch.
Mala Sinha one of the great actress and Dharmendra in those days. Great Plot, great casting, great directing, and ofcourse the Awesome Locations.
Celebrated 25 Silver Jubilee Weeks at 12 Stations. Celebrated Daimond Jubilee
Winner of the Filmfare Awards. Shown at Indian Film Festival Moscow
The actress Kum Kum was one of the very few Female Actors who refused to work with Mehmood after couple of Movies.