Annabelle: Creation Reviews

• Oct 05, 2019

I watched this movie last night for the first time on Netflix and thought it was a fine movie, It's not really scary though, before watching the movie I thought I would at least jump a few times but I never did, and sometimes the movie would make me confused like the ending of the movie or the fact that none of the girls ever died in the movie and the way they don't die makes 0 sense what so ever, Overall I give Annebelle Creation 3/5 stars, Its a fine movie, It never made me jump since I knew when the jumpscares would happen but it was worth 1 hour and 47 minutes.

• Sep 25, 2019

The stock story we're saddled with in Annabelle: Creation is just a loose framework to hang spooky set-pieces on, and in that regard I was significantly disappointed here. A real shame since I found director David Sandberg's last film, Lights Out, to be quite a lot of fun with how it continued to take its one-note premise in many creative directions. The biggest problem plaguing this prequel-to-a-prequel-that-was-also-a-spinoff is that it just isn't remotely scary. The audience is here because they like The Conjuring movies, and Annabelle: Creation plays like a lazy greatest hits re-creation of those superior horror flicks: there's nothing here that you haven't seen before but better in those same other movies that made you want to watch this movie in the first place.
 Not to mention in The Conjuring films, and Lights Out for that matter, we genuinely cared about the characters at the center of those stories and that simply isn't the case here. Also the dialogue is weak, the acting is troublingly inconsistent, the rules of this world don't make sense by the end, it contradicts the continuity of this supposed "The Conjuring universe" (*ugh*), the sound design becomes comically overbearing, and the approach to the horror sequences is lazy. Just watch The Conjuring and/or The Conjuring 2 instead… or Ouija: Origin of Evil if you need a period piece little girl possession movie itch that needs scratching.
 4.5/10

4.5/10

• Aug 29, 2019

Movie with poor acting and cheap jump scares and a not very scary doll

Movie with poor acting and cheap jump scares and a not very scary doll

• Aug 28, 2019

Still a solid movie, just not as great as the conjuring. Also way better than the first Annabelle movie. Some of the scenes int his movie are fantastic.

• Aug 28, 2019

uma historia incrivel, com um filme muito assustador!

uma historia incrivel, com um filme muito assustador!

• Aug 24, 2019

what a waste of material, too bad they didn’t have seasoned writers.

what a waste of material, too bad they didn’t have seasoned writers.

• Aug 15, 2019

A very surprisingly good movie sequel which have marked their own name on the list of the best horror movie in 21st century.

• Aug 14, 2019

The sequel to the conjuring spinoff is a much better effort this time around. While the first one made money at the box office, critically it was a disappointment and in my opinion not a good movie seemed like a cash grab. This one on the other hand has great atmosphere, setting and story that is creepy. Jump scares follow throughout this film building to its climatic finish. It has the feel of the 2 conjuring films so if you love that this is right up your alley. Young actress Lulu Wilson gives another good performance in a horror film, last year she also did the sequel to Ouija which was also superior to the first. There is also a little bit of world building in this film that hint at other spinoff films coming from the conjuring universe. Im giving Annabelle creations a 3.5 out of 5 see it in theaters now

• Aug 13, 2019

The best movie of Annabelle trilogy this movie is the beginning of Annabelle. I got nothing more to say

• Aug 12, 2019