Annabelle: Creation Reviews

• 2d ago

Ridiculously stupid. I don't care who wrote it, he needs to go back to school. Why wouldn't the parents call the police? Why wouldn't the parents hire 24/7 nurse...ya, it's a movie, but please have some realism at the very minimal... which this film had zilch! Please do NOT waste your time watching this. It's nonsensical, even for a bizarre mystery, at least they have the basic senses. This has zero. It's a complete thumbs down and below zero stars. Pathetic in all means! Let's hope the writer never writes again... and shame on the producer for accepting the job.

• 4d ago

Defiantly the best film of the trilogy with the scary element returning.

Defiantly the best film of the trilogy with the scary element returning.

• Jan 31, 2021

Well that's unexpected

Well that's unexpected

• Jan 29, 2021

The first half had decent atmosphere and paid homage to classic horror, the second half we don't talk about.

• Jan 20, 2021

I didn't hate this movie. A lot of good scary imagery and a story that fills the gaps of some of the previous film. Still does feel like its missing something and not as tight of a story as it could have been. A fun watch if you got time to kill.

• Jan 12, 2021

I have to admit, after Lights Out and a couple of his shorts, I was expecting a bit more of Sandberg. He has a way with uncomfortable imagery that I expected to work great in a high budget horror film as well, but none of his prowess is on display here - only his systematic over dependance on jump-scares. This movie is a by the book list of horror-film clichés in which the titular doll doesn't even play much of a role. I hope Sandberg's next project will be one of his own again, because this was certainly not worth watching.

• Jan 06, 2021

La película es muy terrorífica, en comparación con la primera que fue un fracaso, podríamos decir que esta se salvo del infierno.

• Dec 24, 2020

I haven't seen the first film in a while, but I did remember some things. However, it's not really necessary to view the first one before viewing this film, since this is a prequel to the first film. I'll start off with what I enjoyed. What I enjoyed: I can't state how much I enjoyed that this movie didn't use false jump scares. For example, in many horror movies, you will see a sheet moving by itself or something with ominous music playing, only to reveal that it was just the main character's friend or something. That is not present in this film. There is great characterization, which is something that isn't present in many horror films. The scares, although predictable, are effective, and are placed in just the right moments throughout the film at moments where there have not been that many scary moments. The final act is especially good and is where we see most of the scares. And in the final act, we actually see, for the most part, our main characters acting smart, and not acting like damsels in distress. And the final cutscene, and its connection to the first film, I felt was done well. What I did not enjoy: The first and second act. Although it is filled with great characterization, it is very uneventful and left me wondering if the film was actually a scary movie. There were three characters named Carol, Kate, and Tierney. These are three characters, in a group of 7, that aren't given as much screentime as the other four women. You could take them out of the movie, and there wouldn't be that much of a difference. This is a good movie. It has excellent characterization and a great final act. However, you have to sit through two acts before you can get to the good stuff.

• Nov 24, 2020

This is actually one of my favorite horror movies, and I've seen a lot. If you're afraid of dolls, (like me) then you will most likely find this movie terrifying.

• Nov 15, 2020

this film manages to be worse than the nun, in my humble opinion the critics who liked this shit that is called a movie, should be very stoned or have a cabbage on their head. A very boring film, that you hope it will end, because it is full of cliche, characters with stupid lines, events that are poorly explained, I don't know who is more dumb and mentally limited the characters in the film or the people who liked it