Annapolis - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Annapolis Reviews

May 24, 2016
The fact that the real US Navy did NOT cooperate with this movie and it still was fairly good story tells me that it is good and all the critics that panned it are wrong--
May 2, 2016
I really enjoyed this movie. It's intensity and heart were addicting. Franco and Gibson do well as yin and yang.
½ January 15, 2016
Decent military recruitment movie. Is totally cliché and by-the-numbers though. It's an alright time waster though...
½ September 14, 2015
Better movies have done this material in a more interesting artistic way.
½ September 4, 2015
Meh. Too much boxing for my liking.
½ August 29, 2015
There are so many military errors in this movie it isn't even funny. I'm not sure if Justin Lin didn't do his research or it was done and he ignored it! The one that jumps out, at least to me, was you ALWAYS carry you cover under your left arm because you salute with your right. It would take up too much room to state the others.
½ August 16, 2015
Good story, interesting characters, I enjoyed this movie very much.
June 20, 2015
Not as good as An Officer and a Genttleman, since it doesn't have the same quality of actors, but pleasant enough.
½ May 25, 2015
Unfortunately, this James Franco movie is nothing more than a cliché drama about a young man who makes it into the Naval Academy and must box in one of his biggest fights to show he has what it takes.
May 20, 2015
A stupid ripoff of An Officer and a Gentleman. This movie isn't sure whether its a military movie or a boxing movie.
May 16, 2015
Decent but it does have Franco in it.
½ April 3, 2015
makes naval academy look easy to me
½ December 12, 2014
I did not fast forward. Keep reminding me of the much better An Officer and A Gentleman by Richard Gere.
½ December 4, 2014
A pack of stereotypes, a sprinkle of cliches and some "good" old American pride. Time to change?
½ December 2, 2014
A horrible attempt to duplicate Top Gun.
October 4, 2014
This is one of my favorite movies!! It's not what it seems. I never had any interest to watch it because it looked boring and just not my kind of thing until a friend rented it for all of us to watch. We all loved but I was at the edge of my seat. Amazing movie about how cruel trying to achieving your dreams to be and even though it seems mean, in the end you realize it was to make you stronger. Great movie!!
August 26, 2014
Like watching Police Acadamy without the jokes
August 6, 2014
This is one fantastic Navy training film.
½ July 2, 2014
Not as horrible as rated.