Anne of the Indies - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Anne of the Indies Reviews

½ October 25, 2015
good pirate pic rrrrgh! like say 'the spanish main'
½ September 5, 2015
an enjoyable pirate film
rubystevens
½ February 16, 2013
swashbuckling fun altho it could've used more of the true story of the notorious anne bonny. jean peters gives a gutsy performance as the pirate queen and protege of blackbeard. interesting plot twists tho it eventually paints itself into a corner with an ending that doesn't make sense. this can be seen in the US free streaming on IMDb courtesy of hulu
½ November 8, 2010
Typical pirate film with an expected but cleverly made twist. They don't make them like that anymore... and that's a shame!
February 12, 2010
excellent film de pirates : technicolor somptueux, scénario qui louvoie entre les clichés du genre, Jean Peters fantastique en femme pirate, le reste du casting à l'avenant
½ March 2, 2009
I can't really explain what pissed me off about this movie without giving away the ending. I guess I can just say that I disagreed on it's portrayal of kickass women and I prefer happy ever after to the other options. Good, but didn't float my pirate boat as much as Against All Flags.
September 6, 2008
this is one of the best movies ive ever seen i wish i could find it on dvd i love this movie
½ July 15, 2008
All the elements are here, fighting, double-crossing, major love inerest, all in all though it is a second rate pirate movie, just lacking some greater personality in the characters.
March 3, 2008
No soppy, melodramatic drivel here... It's got your romance, bterayal, revenge and redemption all packaged in an action packed adventure that could actually hold up pretty well in this era. I love Jean Peters! She is one hell of an unapolagetic heroine and watching her made me want to be a pirate myself... Louis Jordan is a beautiful man who isn't exactly what he seems to be and Capt. Blackbeard should really go up against Capt. Sparrow... if that were possible ;)
garyX
February 28, 2008
Jean Peters proves she can swashbuckle with the best of them in this entertaining old school tale of piracy on the high seas. Jacques Tourneur paces it perfectly with just the right mix of drama and action, with a strong cast of colourful characters and well constructed plot. Louis Jourdan cuts quite a dash as the French privateer who melts her heart, Herbert Marshall puts in a memorable performance as the soused doctor who acts as her counsel, and the lovely Debra Paget makes a spirited beauty. Best of all it avoids cliches, and just when you think it's going to descend into sappy sentimentality, it turns around and surprises. One of the better swashbucklers out there (but don't read the synopsis as it gives the entire plot away. Doh.)
February 28, 2008
November 6, 2007
Le film de genre absolu.