Anne Frank Remembered - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Anne Frank Remembered Reviews

½ July 16, 2013
Whether it is a technical problem or for an authentic purpose, the copy of 'Anne Frank Remembered' (1995) I watched did not contain any subtitles when it was needed. It was not that I didn't find this documentary interesting; I just found this one aspect completely insupportable which brought the whole movie down. If you are really interested in Anne Frank, my best advice is to go read her book, 'The Diary of a Young Girl'.
March 10, 2013
wouldn't mind seeing it
January 5, 2013
great movie to watch, i read the book, and this opened my eyes,.. history as it truly happened.
August 24, 2012
This documentary should be required viewing by every person on Earth and part of a school studies. Anne Frank inspired Nelson Mandela should be all a person needs to know to want to see this movie, a message of peace sent from a young girl who died horrifically at age 15.

As with everyone else, sometimes, it gets pretty easy for me to forget how good I really have it in life. Every time I watch this movie, & hear the part when Anne writes in her diary of her waiting for things to get back to normal, as a viewer who knows that for her it never will, it serves as a great reminder to me when I feel like giving up.
February 11, 2012
This documentary should be required viewing by every person on Earth - that Anne Frank inspired Nelson Mandela should be all a person needs to know to want to see this movie, a message of peace sent from a young girl who died horrifically at age 15.
December 9, 2011
What makes this documentary so effective is the interviews with the actual people involved. Particularly heartbreaking is the meeting between Miep Gies and the son of one of the men who stayed with the Frank family, two months before his death. This is both beautiful and unbearably sad and pays great tribute to a period in history that should never be forgotten or downplayed.
February 12, 2011
I want see this documental
October 21, 2010
The climax of the film, the moment when the son of the infamous dentist who hid with Anne's family meets the woman who hid them from the Nazis, showcases everything that this movie gets right. The genuine conversations, the talking head sequences, the moments we spend with actual human beings, are often heart-wrenching and revelatory. The narrations, the pan shots of props and photos, all ring surprisingly sterile though.
June 14, 2010
history time very good
½ February 15, 2010
AWARD-WINNING! D BEST!
January 14, 2010
Keeps up a steady flow of rich, moving anecdotes that either back up or correct the youthful imbalances in Anne's writing... Blair can't avoid caged-bird imagery, but it's clear from his film that even during the early, "friendly" days of German occupation, the steady drip of rules and regulations had the desired effect on the city's inhabitants: "Everything I did, I thought it was forbidden," confesses one. It's here that "Anne Frank Remembered" finds the key to the diary's continued teaching in schools today, and why it remains one of those rare set texts pupils are keen to engage with. More than a symbol or martyr, or an eyewitness or tragic heroine (though she would become all these), Anne was a teenager, and one more immediately concerned with developments personal (the size of her breasts, the crush she developed on a fellow hider) than political. As one of her closest friends recalls here, "She was just very naughty". Blair's film - traditional, sober, deeply edifying - invites us to reassess Anne Frank's diary writing as a form of resistance, her own way of holding out as an individual before the occupying forces could arrive to reduce her to a statistic, or footnote.
½ January 12, 2010
Insightful look into Anne and her life.
January 11, 2010
Just watched the second half on BBC. Still mind blowing what went on.
October 9, 2009
The single most remarkable documentary film.
August 2, 2009
I think this film was based on, or inspired by, Miep Gies' story about hiding Anne and her family.

Good footage and great expansion of Anne's story. One thing missing from most of the documentary was more of a story about her mother. You get a great deal on her father (who survived the camps!) but her mother takes a distant third or fourth place.

Other than that, this is a good film. The ending is sad, of course but a very good study.
June 30, 2009
6/7 of my frnds hv rated it not interested...i wonder if they've read the synopsis or the subject matter!
½ May 31, 2009
Watched it in School.
May 18, 2009
Kenneth Branagh narrates this really moving documentary of Anne Frank who was sent to Auschwitz and died at Bergen-Belson days before she would have been released. !
May 12, 2009
Very sad and hard to imagine how someome could survive for so long. Really makes you thankful to live in this day in time no matter what is going on in the world.
FiLmCrAzY
½ April 16, 2009
Anne frank is one of the most known and memorable documentarys and life of this young girl that you can only watch and enjoy! but its not a film you'll enjoy in a good way it gives a proper insight into the lives of the poor jews its fantastic and real life!!