Annie Get Your Gun - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Annie Get Your Gun Reviews

March 19, 2016
Betty Hutton took over for Judy Garland in MGM's super-production of the Broadway hit, and it's colorful, happy fun; director George Sidney never lets the action lag for very long, and brand new Metro star Howard Keel does well by the Irving Berlin tunes (he played the role on the London stage).
February 29, 2016
Likeable musical apart from the fact Betty Hutton shouts her way through what is essentially a romance, so much so it can get a little overbearing after a while. It's not one for animal lovers too, they shoot birds out of the sky frequently and with much merriment.
December 13, 2014
so the song that mary jane sang on spiderman 3 was from this movie apperently
November 30, 2014
It is very tuneful musical that has plenty of fun and charm about it
½ November 2, 2014
One of the best movie musicals you will ever see. The Irving Berlin songs have become legends of American history. Betty Hutton was destined for the role of Annie Oakley, and will earn a soft spot in your heart. With Howard Keel in the mix, you'll find that falling in love is wonderful. I highly recommend it! (First viewing - In my mid-twenties)
August 6, 2014
Worst musical ever Hutton play Annie as a hick and over does EVERYTHING painful
July 1, 2014
This MGM-er is so good, including Betty Hutton. BUT - I can't help to always wonder how great it would've been with Judy. Oh well. Still a treat.
May 4, 2014
Was looking so forward to this movie that I saw 60 years ago as a girl of 10. It was lots of fun with great songs, just like I remembered. That is until I got to the ending which I did not remember but it was the code of the day. I believed her performance of the love-struck girl who was punished for being talented and had to give up her power (and self) to win the love of a totally self-absorbed man. This was the 50s where the women wore gloves and shirtwaists that showed off their boobs and tiny waists even if we had to be tortured to get one. Worn a girdle or a waist cincher belt lately? What a crock of --- was sold to us impressionable children.

If you are watching this with a child be sure to point out that women can be strong and smart and this is not a good way to "get a man."
April 20, 2014
"I can do anything better than you!"
½ February 5, 2014
Annie Get Your Gun is an amazing film. It is about the story of the great sharpshooter, Annie Oakley, who rises to fame while dealing with her love/professional rival, Frank Butler. Betty Hutton and Howard Keel give fantastic performances. The screenplay is well written. George Sidney did a great job directing this movie. I enjoyed watching this motion picture because of the music and humor.
December 27, 2013
A few good songs, but for me it can't hold a candle to Calamity Jane. :)
July 19, 2013
One interesting little footnote to the Annie Oakley story, was the reason she began shooting. She was abused as a young girl, and found that the time away, and with a rifle seemed to change that problem.
May 4, 2013
you should have it cause that's not fair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
½ April 27, 2013
the best of all liked song "i can" or whatever its title is :) nice, crackling and sparkling musical
December 7, 2012
Will have to watch this one. Not necassarily good or bad. Will see. Want to watch!
November 26, 2012
have 2 do a drama project:)
November 25, 2012
Brilliantly performed by a loveable Betty Hutton, Annie Get Your Gun is dazzling, from the musical numbers to the wonderful scenery, which makes the story so much more believable.
½ November 9, 2012
this is an amazing musical, and im not even really a fan of musicals...this gave a great respect to women to accomplish anything they set their heart/mind on.
September 13, 2012
Betty Hutton is pitch perfect as gunslinger Annie Oakley in Irving Berlin's rip-roaring, high energy masterpiece.
½ July 8, 2012
Some great songs go along with a spunky performance from Betty Hutton as the title character.

Grade: B+