Another Man's Poison - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Another Man's Poison Reviews

December 31, 2014
First class noir and first class Bette Davis
½ April 9, 2013
Bette in "Eve" mode; great setting; fun movie--Marital Masquerade!!
April 23, 2012
made in england this reunites the then married davis & merrill with mixed results its no "all about eve" but still watchable
jjnxn
½ April 22, 2012
Overblown melodrama with Bette pulling out all the stops and putting any idea of subtlety aside. If you enjoy films where she turns in that sort of performance as opposed to her quieter work in films like Dark Victory or Watch on the Rhine than this is for you. Everybody else tries to compete and while the rest of the cast turn in decent performances when Bette struts into view blowing smoke and popping her eyes no one else stands a chance. Deliciously grand and over the top.
May 28, 2011
Love when Bette states the fact "I killed him"
½ December 16, 2009
Great over-the-top Bette Davis Murder Femme Fatale movie here. She's a best selling author who may or may not have done away with her husband. When his scummy crime-pal comes along, and since NOONE has ever met him, he and she agree that it's most convenient that he take his place while a bank robbery scheme blows over. Oh, and somehow Bette also has to juggle young stud she's seeing on the side. Bette has to furiously make everything work out, and the more she works, the more it starts to unravel. Perfectly insane, I loved every minute of it. Somewhat overlooked!
July 18, 2009
This was the first Bette Davis movie I ever saw and it took me years to track it down again. Awesome with a fabulous ending.
August 5, 2008
I really enjoyed this movie and thought the ending was good. (But I won't spoil it for those of you who haven't seen it!)