Answer This! - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Answer This! Reviews

August 11, 2013
i don't like the ending. he's choice sucks!
½ May 3, 2013
You basically know how this will end, but getting there is a pretty good ride. Story basically revolves around a student finally getting his Masters and becoming a Professor, which his father is a local legend in the field. He and his friends also enter into a local Trivial Pursuit contest.

The lead actor is pretty solid, and his two buddies in the contest are pretty good and I feel like they could have made an entire film just about those three guys playing the game.

The heart of the movie comes from Arielle Kebbel, who has never looked more adorable than in this film. She kind of goes from the girl you want him to get to kind of a mean annoying person back to the sweet thing during the film, and one of the bigger issues I had was how it ended between them at the end of the film, given you could tell how good they were together.
November 30, 2012
This movie took a long time to get around to the point, but the ending was sweet.
½ September 9, 2012
Didn't watch it all.
½ July 3, 2012
This is not a great movie. But as a guy straggling along at the end of a French Literature PhD program, who spent five years teaching SAT/GRE/GMAT/MCAT/DAT for Kaplan Test Prep, and who has, for the last year and a half, been the question-writer and MC at my own university's graduate student union bar trivia, I have to say that this film filled a huge pop-culture void that I didn't even know was there. The teams that are really devoted to my Trivia Night come every week, no matter what the state of their doctoral/master's work is, and I see that for them, as for me, the very triviality of what we're doing makes it take on greater importance, because this one night a week the people can just get loaded and match nerdy wits instead of banging their brains out against computer screens. And of course it gives us all an excuse to get out of the house and be together, which is really the point. I think that in time this film will be a cult classic, despite its many hackneyed aspects, because Bar Trivia is a cult - if you're not a part of it, you just wouldn't understand. This movie will be to "trivialists" (a kickass neologism coined by the film's characters) what Vision Quest is to wrestlers. Mark my words.
February 27, 2012
With a movie where one of the central themes is based on random trivia, this seemed like a film that would be right up my alley, but the random trivia was actually quite minimal throughout despite the movie's description. The film focused more on the central character and the fact that he has lived much of his life not wanting to rock the boat with his father or bothering to think about what he really wants to do with his life. It's obvious from the start what his father wants for him, but is that really what he wants or is he just going along with it because he isn't sure of anything he likes doing besides trivia. Though the film is filled with some elements that will have you thinking about your own life and what it is you really want, it just doesn't hold your attention; it lacks the depth needed to keep the viewer enthralled. I've seen better.
February 15, 2012
Why did this movie get made? Characters were shallow and you didn't care about any of them or their struggles. It had the potential to be funny but wasn't. Arielle Kebbel is a nice face to watch but if she keeps attaching herself to projects like this her career is going nowhere.
½ January 21, 2012
Comedia romántica en la cual el mensaje es que debemos hacer lo que nos guste hacer y salir con quien queramos salir sin dejarnos influenciar por nuestros padres, se puede ver
January 15, 2012
The decent cast can't rescue the lame, clichéd script, and the main premise is difficult to believe, as trivia, by definition, is unimportant.
November 25, 2011
Another movie shot in U of M!!
October 23, 2011
SOME INTERESTING SNAPSHOTS OF ANN ARBOR AND U OF M. ALL THE ACTORS HAVE REALLY GOOD LOOKING TEETH. OTHERWISE SCRIPT AND ACTORS SHOULD HAVE STAYED IN COMMUNITY THEATER, AND THEN STARTED OVER.
October 23, 2011
A nice homage to Ann Arbor and the University of Michigan. I was surprised by and enjoyed the biblical discussion sub plot.