Answers to Nothing - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Answers to Nothing Reviews

January 26, 2016
Whatever theme is supposed to connect all these boring stories together is muddled and lost and the performances and pacing is just coma-inducing. Something that wants to be "Amores Perros" or "Magnolia" but doesn't realize it takes more than just a bunch of dramatic strangers in a city to tell a powerful story.
January 11, 2015
I call these "crash" movies. as far as ensemble pieces with converging and hopefully surprising storylines go, this is a good one, although plodding at times and perhaps a little preachy
January 5, 2014
There were several interwoven plots that somehow ultimately resulted in finding 11yr old Christie. Jerry, a dismissed police cadet, ended up being a hero after all!
½ September 28, 2013
Nearly a dozen random themes and characters have been Scotch-taped together into a single mess.
September 13, 2013
Great acting along with a plot that feels much closer to reality tha many other movies out there.
½ August 21, 2013
kinda like Crash but didn't actually come together in a meaningful way. also, weird to see Dane Cook in a role that wasn't funny
½ August 1, 2013
Answers to Nothing is an extremely good independent drama that is very dark and very sad at times but has very good performances from every one in the film and it is very entertaining.
August 1, 2013
0% of citics liked it. Well, that sets the expectations right. Still want to see it. The trailer seduced me.
½ July 24, 2013
Meh. I can be a true fan of the ensemble story genre but this one is just meh. I think bottom line is that Dane Cook just has not reached the status many thought he might and the movies he is in reflect that level. Not saying it is him but might just be everything around him. This one barely held our attention away from the other electronics laying nearby.
July 15, 2013
Raw, and honest. Lives intertwine over the course of a few days in Southern California.
April 28, 2013
Not great, not even good, but not bad either. Its one of those that you turn on for back ground noise.
½ April 23, 2013
While Kate(Elizabeth Mitchell) waits patiently in a gynecologist's office for her husband Ryan(Dane Cook), he is having sex with Tara(Aja Volkman), a young singer. Well, at least he manages to get a sperm sample. It is a good thing then that Kate has friends like Frankie(Julie Benz) who is heading the investigation behind the disappearance of a little girl where her chief suspect, Beckworth(Gerg Germann), makes the highly questionable and dangerous decision of flirting with her during on an interrogation. Professionally, Kate is a lawyer defending Drew's(Miranda Bailey) right to keep custody of Erik(Vincent Ventresca), her vegetative brother.

Like any genre, that of interrelated stories can never be considered completely dead, no matter the harm done to it by mediocre movies like "Answers to Nothing" with has little in the way of a message or any recognizable human behavior.(No wonder Allegra(Kali Hawk) hates everything except for dogs.) Yes, there is the admittedly geekly thrill of seeing Elizabeth Mitchell and Julie Benz having a drink together but that's pretty much it. And while Mitchell is the best thing going in this terribly self-conscious mess, she is also distressingly given little to do.
½ April 12, 2013
A bunch of pure craziness
½ March 25, 2013
Very interesting and well acted movie
½ March 8, 2013
The tomato meter is all wrong for this movie! I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed this movie. It even brought me to tears! Highly recommend!
February 25, 2013
Very entertaining! Slow at times but satisfying. A good watch.
February 12, 2013
Answers to Nothing is so many things in one but most of all it is a roller coaster of emotions. As a vignette film it spends just enough time on each character so that you still get to know what is going on in each situation. Not too much time is spent so you forget the rest of the characters, and it is all interconnected in some way. This feature of the film shows how small the world really is. Deep and poignant, each character is looking for something to fill the void that was left in their lives, like many peoples lives today. Dane Cook does an amazing job at something we aren't all used to normally seeing him do. The dialogue and some stories are charming and heartbreaking. The characters are each trying so hard for something that is wanted so badly in each of their lives and seeking to overcome those obstacles. Answers to Nothing is a film about the fragility of life and relationships. I would recommend this film to anyone who wants a film to make them feel, Answers to Nothing is one for you.
February 8, 2013
The movie had a lot of potential. I knew it was a smaller budget film, so I wasn't expecting greatness, but with the cast that it had I knew that would at least be one redeeming factor. Other than the cast though, the movie wasn't that amazing. They stories were a little bland.
January 12, 2013
...the title says it all...
½ December 4, 2012
Really good movie reminds you of alot like Crash - was worried seeing Dane in such a serious role he nailed it