Ant-Man Reviews

• Jan 17, 2020

Ant-Man is an at times funny, but wholly standard entry to the Marvel universe. Paul Rudd is great in the title role, and Michael Peña almost steals the show in his quirky sidekick role; however, a weak villain, unimaginative style, and useless sequence at the Avengers base -- which serves no other purpose than to remind you of the Avengers -- really hold the whole thing back.

• Jan 11, 2020

The idea of a heist movie MCU style is genius. The realization isn't. Still if you are a fan I'm sure you will enjoy yourself.

• Jan 09, 2020

A very strange superhero origin story executed very nicely with lots of laughs and interesting action sequences.

• Jan 06, 2020

The story is mostly plain and basic with some good comedy but doesn't leave a lasting impression, 6/10.

• Dec 30, 2019

Probably the best origin story yet Rudd makes this movie with his performance as Scott Lang only real issue with this movie is a lackluster villain in the Yellow Jacket

• Dec 26, 2019

A pretty mediocre marvel movie but at no point does it lose my interest

A pretty mediocre marvel movie but at no point does it lose my interest

• Dec 24, 2019

Shit movie not a good entertainment but characters presentation surprising climax was good that's it remaining was bore bad screenplay disappointed

• Dec 24, 2019

I didn't know a thing about Ant-Man going into this. I have no idea if this is faithful to the comics or not, but the character was interesting, funny and surprisingly charming. The movie, like the character packs quite a punch. He quickly became one of my favorite Marvel heroes. There's a lot to like in this movie. Ant-Man's ex-con sidekick was hilarious. I don't think the writing for him was worth much, but the acting and direction made him a standout. The wrong actor or director could have made the guy unwatchable. Great casting all across the board here.

• Dec 21, 2019

A surprise of a movie with how fun and funny it was, took me by surprise! Has its own handful of faults but is a great movie to sit back with friends or family and have a good laugh full with fun and enjoyment.

• Dec 20, 2019

The film is most entertaining as a visually unique blockbuster, but there are also a few touching moments between the charismatic Paul Rudd and his daughter. (B-)