Antique Reviews

• Jan 31, 2019

My favorite movie.... ever

My favorite movie.... ever

• Oct 09, 2012

such a cute movie with a behind-the-scene thriller... very good. =)

such a cute movie with a behind-the-scene thriller... very good. =)

• Aug 13, 2012

Diangkat dari serial manga,Antique Bakery, film berbahasa korea ini nyatanya tidak sepenuhnya sama dengan versi aslinya . Cukup mengecewakan bagi mereka yang berharap bahwa film ini akan mengangkat 'penggambaran' tokoh seperti dengan versi kartunnya.

• May 10, 2012

Quirky, fun, and heartfelt. Never would have thought I'd enjoy this movie so much. Very likable characters with a plot that keeps you interested from start to finish.

• Jul 14, 2011

I actually really loved this film. Such an under-appreciated little comedy/drama. It's not filmed in the typical style and the storyline is anything but typical. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

• Jun 11, 2011

I really enjoyed this movie. I never read the manga or saw the anime so i'm sure i'm missing out on some things but I still think this was done really well. I watched this movie for the boy love aspect of it and found the "mystery" of what happened to Jin-hyeok when he was a child to be really compelling.

• Apr 01, 2011

if i could sum up this movie in a couple of words, it would be "deliciously funny". i never thought i would love this film since i'm not much into korean films but i did and it's not because of the amount of eye candy that you get from joo ji hoon and kim jae wook but because of the story content, humor and characterization. i just found myself liking the characters in all their flaws, quirks and uniqueness. joo ji hoon was hilarious as the tormented owner of a pastry shop who hated pastries. and kim jae wook as the superstar pattissiere was simply delectable and surprisingly good in his obviously gay role. the sing and dance routine was a bit annoying but tolerable. i love the mystery and the twist at the end. if i have any complaints about this movie is that it's too short. this was adapted from a japanese manga and though it followed the manga closely i felt that it was somewhat lacking. i wanted to see more of the characters and how they dealt with their personal issues, and i want to see more of those irresistible confections that would make anybody's mouth water. after all, who is ever unhappy eating cake?

• Mar 27, 2011

Muy buena, divertida, bien hecha, los personajes muy bien caracterizados y gusta visualmente, los colores me gustaron mucho.

• Mar 19, 2011

Such an amazing movie. The perfect combination of drama, fluff, heart-pounding moments, laughs, and cake. Visually, this was just stunning. The directing was incredible. Most of the time, mangas adapted for the film screen are god awful. But this, is how it's done. The plot was definitely unique and captivating. Kim Jae Wook, you are a god. You just keep getting better and better. An impressive, hilarious, and raunchy cake-filled thriller.

• Mar 14, 2011

A very clever way to combine cake + cute guys + kidnapping and homicide in a whole package of movie. Two thumbs up for Kim Jae Wok.. you're just.. pretty..