Any Given Sunday - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Any Given Sunday Reviews

½ June 23, 2016
87%
Watched this on 19/1/16
This is the only sports film (except The Color of Money) that I have seen which does not have a feel good nature. Oliver Stone directs with his trademark hyperkinetic style and captures the game of rugby from all possible angles and what makes it so interesting is the ambiguous nature of all characters where you cannot actually predict their fates which is extremely unlikely for a sports film. The characters are so well drawn and actors Pacino, Jamie Fox, Cameron Diaz etc etc give top notch performances along with Stone's, magnificent direction makes this a memorable ride. This is one of the rare sports films where the scenes without any sport are more interesting than the game in the film. The film's ending is also stylish and rather surprising. However, Stone at times overdoes his work by letting too much footage into his scenes, especially in the scene where Ben-Hur is used.
½ May 26, 2016
Una buena pelicula si te gusta el americano, las tomas que tienen durante el juego son de las mejores que he visto en una pelicula, te hacen sentir como es el futbol americano profesional en verdad, no tiene una gran historia pero muy palomera para un buen domingo de peliculas.
May 16, 2016
It teaches players about selfishness and working with the team I think that this movie is the best since Brian song. Oliver Stone did a great job with this movie and so did Al Pacino also did great speech about inches and football.
May 4, 2016
This movie pure crap. Overacting stinks throughout this clunker. Oliver Stone really sunk low with this one and Jaime Foxx's character is scarcely underdeveloped. 1 out of stars.
April 15, 2016
I really wanted to like this movie but it's all over the place so many sub plots that don't go anywhere script is mediocre performances are solid for the script they were given
March 27, 2016
Great movie, a little over the top, and a little long for my liking but good cast with plenty of NFL stars that makes any football fan happy. Kind of reminds you of Blitz the League if that was a movie for you gamers out there!!
March 24, 2016
Good sports movie. Typical sport movies don't go under the scene as much as this one. Al Pacino's speech at the end is also classic.
February 28, 2016
This was one of the best sports movies that you will ever see... this film sincerely launched Jamie Foxx to the next level.
January 26, 2016
Any Given Sunday is one of those rare sports films were you don't have to be into the sport in question, or any sport for that matter, to understand and enjoy. I have absolutely no interest in American Football but I really enjoyed this film. It's got corruption, politics, regret, arrogance..a long list of human traits that really makes this film more about life lessons with sport as the metaphor. The cast is great with everyone on form, in retrospect, this is one of the films that the 90s will be remembered for.
December 21, 2015
No holds barred look at the good and bad sides of professional football.
December 3, 2015
The NFL did not want their name or logo anywhere near this movie, and rightfully so. Oliver Stone teaming up with Al Pacino about a football movie, seemed like something that could be really good. And it definitely had great potential. The run down old school coach trying to keep his team together through turmoil and infighting between star players. Throw in the usually awful Cameron Diaz and the absolutely overrated Jamie Foxx and wow, what a disaster of a movie. I love football. And I'm a big fan of both Stone and Pacino, but this movie is complete garbage. Some of the stuff is so over the top and ridiculous, I am actually surprised Pacino would let himself be attached to a movie like this. Cameron Diaz is so bad it is almost comical. And Jamie Foxx proves here once again, he is really not that great of an actor at all. People will keep telling you he is, because they feel they have to, but in reality he overacts and is overpraised and flat out overrated. Do not waste your time with this movie. If you looking for a football movie, there isn't too many to really choose from but I would go with The Program before I watched this idiocy.
November 30, 2015
October 18, 2015
A star studded film about American football. It's bearable but as forgettable as all of the others.
July 5, 2015
Not the typical Stone film but it's still quite fun and one of the best football movies in recent memory with a pretty decent performance from Al Pacino.
½ May 20, 2015
Another Oliver Stone miss.Big,bloated and too full of itself waste of a talented cast movie.
March 15, 2015
Liked it, good sports movie.
January 20, 2015
A hyper eccentric look at the ropes of football from the off key player lifestyles to the choices inside and out of the.football stadium, Any Given Sunday is an electrifying piece of film making. And though the film tends to be over long and the choppy mtv style approach to the game leans on near annoyance, the film is powered by a strong.cast that lifts itself from mediocrity and over resilience. A good Oliver Stone flick...
½ December 28, 2014
Willie. Beamen. Nuff said.
November 15, 2014
One of Oliver Stone's worst films. A fantastic cast, but the film seems to lose it's way.I normally love sport films, but this one is poor.
½ November 4, 2014
A bit of a cynical take on professional football. I'm not sure why they bothered with the Miami Sharks and just didn't go with the real Miami Dolphins. It's a decent time-filler.