Anything Else - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Anything Else Reviews

½ February 6, 2014
The whole thing seemed familiar to other, better Woody Allen films. I did find some parts a little funny, but it's mostly a big disappointment from such a great talent.
½ January 16, 2014
Woody Allen misfires badly.
½ December 12, 2013
Funny, smart, crazy and genius. Just like anything else.
November 25, 2013
as usual, WOODY WAS THE BEST PART OF THIS MOVIE. I liked his character's philosophy here. Jason Biggs was a bit of a wimp, and I would have seen through that flighty, self-involved, shallow bitch he was in "love" with immediately. typical woody woman though. why do his characters always fall for the train wrecks?
November 8, 2013
I always enjoy Woody Allen's sense of humor, NY and Billy Holiday.
September 28, 2013
This Woody Allen from year 2003 is a funny comedy filled with silly characters & even sillier situations. Life is a joke for mister Allen & here he shows us how to laugh about it all..... Special mention to the entire cast who's really going for it & having a lot of fun in front of the camera for our greatest pleasure.
July 15, 2013
It's Ok, but not Allen's strongest film.
July 1, 2013
there's always something else to look for life but good and bad not a bad film i found myself thinking of happier times that once was overall i thought the film was really good and quite the story kudos to the cast and director and special thanks to Jason Biggs and Christinia Ricci lovely comedy
½ April 24, 2013
little bit strange move although having some really nice and deep thoughts in it! there is some little touch of magic in it!
January 26, 2013
that bitch is super annoying!!....and super arousing
½ January 22, 2013
The poster is in clear violation of the film's actual content, but not by much. Allen's career was in the dredges at this point, so its OK that one of his crummy late-90's/early-00's films is weak but not terrible. The acting is fine and the messages are clear. But, really, it suffers from being just like Allen's other movies about the same subject, only this time it has Biggs playing Allen's role and Ricci playing Keaton's.
½ January 16, 2013
Ricci is really good in this but theres not much more i can say. For me it wasn't that good a film and not one i would buy.
½ January 5, 2013
A contemporary romantic comedy set in New York city about the relationship between an older guy and his younger protege. The older guy guides the younger through a messy and hilarious love story.
January 3, 2013
Easy and enjoyable. Not too much action though.
½ December 6, 2012
If Woody Allen doesn't understand why people don't like this film, I'll explain it to him.
½ October 27, 2012
There are catchy scenario spreading here & there throughout the whole film, but not a really good one by adding-up altogether however.
October 24, 2012
The real talent is keeping your eyes open.
September 20, 2012
Woody Allen has become extremely good at producing these Annie Hall-lite efforts which naturally pale in comparison to his best films yet there is nearly always something worthwhile within the package. In this case Allen himself makes the most of his limited screen time, doing what he does best in one of his best comedic parts in recent times while Jason Biggs takes the lead role nicely. Notably he doesn't feel compelled to mimick Allen, perhaps Allen's presence negated the need for imitation, something that Will Ferrell and Kenneth Branagh have both been guilty of in Allen's absence from the screen. Instead Biggs get to do his down to earth, bumblingly likeable sort who is clearly punching above his weight, in this case with Christina Ricci, who by the way is also on endearing form.
August 11, 2012
Certainly not Woody Allen's finest work but not as bad as everyone says it is either.
½ July 28, 2012
A psychology-book-based, however well done portrait of a New York imbecile and his BPD, Aspergers monster girlfriend does not suffice to bolster the now feeble Woody Allen's ranks as a top storyteller.