Ao no hono-o (The Blue Light) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ao no hono-o (The Blue Light) Reviews

March 14, 2012
This looks like a good movie & I love one of the actors in it...
December 9, 2011
I'll admit it's not for everyone, but this movie is absolutely brilliant in my opinion. From the opening song "The Post War Dream" by Pink Floyd, I loved it. Ninomiya Kazunari is completely convincing in his role. He plays a young man who, because of legal complications, sees no way to save his sister and mother from his former step-father than to kill him. This leads to a spiral of more death and betrayals - but is ultimately a story about what we can be driven to do for the ones we love.
September 14, 2011
In some way, this film version is better than a book its based on. Yukio Ninagawa has done another great work!
December 28, 2010
Hieman erehdyin leffagenrestä, mutta osoittautui ihan oivaksi draamaksi.
½ September 4, 2010
Surprisingly, a well written film with full of twists and turns... The pacing was very good and the elements of drama on it is justified by the superb cast... Amazing Sundance treat!
June 29, 2010
sta pela s increibleeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
May 30, 2010
super awesome movie, you have to see it!
½ April 4, 2010
I am so into this movie! I feel twist and turn as the character in the movie. Feel his struggle, his family love, his resolution......so I think that's why I know how he will do next, what he will do in the end. I can't cry while seeing this movie, but its strongly impact still moved me. Every time I think back to "him" let me feel like someone is strangling me....
Very good movie!!
January 6, 2010
ariginal story is good,I read the book.
and ninomiya is great actor.
i forgot to breathe.

an suzuki is also good,but aya matsuura was aweful.
she almost destroyed the atmosphere,i thought.

anyway,this is worth watchig.
½ December 29, 2009
Ninomiya is brilliant, again.
December 19, 2009
It was only because of H!P idol Aya Matsuura that I was drawn into watching this movie. What a brilliant and twisted tale this is.
December 15, 2009
it's just a sad movie for me. somehow i cried so hard watching it.
½ June 26, 2009
It's Ninomiya that carried this film, bringing out the bottomless darkness a 17 year old boy falls into, being forced to become a murderer at his own will. It might be sad, it might be depressing, but after all, the blue sky will always be there.

By the way, I agree that the title should be translated into The Blue Flame. "Honoo" means "flame", while the word that means "light" is "hikari".
½ June 22, 2009
nino really is amazing..
June 7, 2009
It's a fantastic film. I speak from both a biased and non-biased perspective. My only problem is that it was too tragic. It was painful to watch from start to finish. Halfway through, I couldn't stand watching Shuichi commit his "perfect crime" because it seemed too real for me.
January 26, 2009
i liked end of it^^
good movie~
January 7, 2009
REALLY GOOD MOVIE. If you haven't seen it, you should. Ninomiya Kazunari's "acting with his eyes" are shown really well in this movie. One of his BESTS.
½ December 9, 2008
a very good suspense movie, you have to see it, one of the best acts of kazunari ninomiya, a very good one!
August 10, 2008
Ao no Honou

Blue and Green are the same but a flame and a light are different

The right title should be The Blue Flame

If the title should be The Blue Light, then the Japanese term for that is Ao no Hikari
July 28, 2008
My favourite movie of the super idol, Ninomiya Kazunari. The movie itself is very dark, talking about a broken home boy who killed his father to save his mum and sister then killed himself in the end.