Apartment 1303 3D - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Apartment 1303 3D Reviews

October 5, 2014
Sad to see Rebecca De Morney and Mischa Barton in such a poor lame horror. This is actually a remake and one suspects the original is ALOT better
½ October 3, 2014
Il Trash più totale , mamma mia , è proprio vero che allo schifo non c'è mai fine , solo il mio masochismo per film trash me lo farebbe rivedere per crepare dalle risate ahahahahah!!!
September 6, 2014
This actor portraying Janet, is a terrible actress!!!! Awful!!
August 22, 2014
It is worth mentioning before I write my review of "Apartment 1303" 3D that I state that I have watched the 2007 Japanese film (Totally enjoyed that film), however I will try view the 2012 redo based solely on Michael Taverna's intended vision.

"Apartment 1303" stars Mischa Barton, Rebecca De Mornay, Julianne Michelle, Corey Sevier, John Diehl, Kathleen Mackey and Jessica Malka. The story is set in Detroit and follows Barton's character Lara Slate, who searches for answers to her sister's untimely death that is chalked up to depressed 20-something suicide after "jumping" from the balcony of the new apartment she had just leased. The older Slate sister soon realizes the true state of things in the apartment and building where her sister had planned to call home. Janet looked to leave behind an alcoholic washed-up singer/song-writer mother's home to make a new independent start.

The story of "Apartment 1303" is classic and still modern enough to set up a really good horror story, paranormal or otherwise. It just works because humans are standard in how they direct their lives in society. We all break the chains of or beginnings to make a new, hopefully better, start in life and that often has us dealing with both horrors and joys, so you would think that Taverna's film would be tight. It isn't, but it should have been. Something in the chemistry of this paranormal vision is just not mixing write.

The acting is pretty B-level, with some a couple of actors giving a better performance, unfortunately the good performances didn't come from the ones that the film needed to carry this story into a real, and spooky place that would have made this film a proper ghost story. Mischa's performance was pretty standard Mischa but Julianne Michelle's acting seemed fake and the gods only know what character Rebecca De Mornay was channeling. It came off to much of a caricature and theatrical for what the overall atmosphere of this film was going for- unless the director asked for camp. Then I guess... I had to make amends with that element of "Apartment 1303" to watch this film completely. Don't get me wrong the performances were not atrocious, they just didn't come together (or mix well) to bring the chemistry and plausibility of the characters where they should have been to draw me in.

As for the effects and soundtrack in "Apartment 1303" I can't say anything bad because it was all pretty well done and should have, or could have rather, made this film pop chillingly. However it was set up, predictable - copy/paste scenarios that fill almost all paranormal horror films that aren't found-footage. There was no real sudden shock moments that thrilled me, well twice I did jump but mostly I just sat, very frustrated, waiting for the film to end and bitching that it wasn't as thrilling as it could have been. It just all fell flat.

The practical effects and spook tricks were nice, so kudos to the FX team on this one-too many to mention in this or I would. The sound department did okay, overall the sound effects walked the line between cool and cliché but it did more to help the film than hurt it. The music is pretty standard but it gave the film it's only real since of emotional communication between story and me. I personally did not get enough out of "Apartment 1303" to find it entertaining or scary but by all means if you see it in the discount bin or get a good deal for renting it and just wanna check it out-go for it-just don't expect much.
½ August 12, 2014
Una completa basura, perdida de tiempo absoluta.
July 27, 2014
worst acting, no real plot line. waste of time.
½ July 22, 2014
Weak plot. Really bad special effects. Almost funny.
June 13, 2014
This is a horrible movie, bad acting!! The director must have taken the first take of every single shot. Don't waste your time.
½ May 26, 2014
Monday, May 26, 2014

(2013) Apartment 1303
HORROR

A very shallow and bland remake from the Japanese horror film made in 2007 from the story by Kei Ôishi, starring Julianne Michelle as Janet Slate leasing the perfect apartment only to find out later that it could be haunted. Mischa Barton also stars as Janet's older sister Lara, as she's trying to get along with her alcoholic mother, Maddie (Rebecca De Mornay) who's a rock singer.

Some of the existing problems is almost immediate such as how come if both daughters hated the mother so much, how come they don't live with their fathers or friends? What's preventing Janet from getting her older sister to move in with her if she's so scared being alone in the apartment? What's the deal with the only two ghostly people living in the same floor as Janet? Where are the other renters, and who're the other renters? How come the super suddenly became a creepy person to converse with? Does the little girl, Emily ever exist or is she really a ghost? It is these questions and more which is why this film has got to be one of the worst haunted ghost films ever made.

Bomb
May 23, 2014
Bad bad acting....bad sound effects....I can't believe I even watched this.
½ May 22, 2014
pish pish and....... yes more pish.
½ May 21, 2014
This is an example of taking a mediocre Asian horror movie and giving it to an inexperienced director.
Acting is bad, I've seen better in After school specials. The Michelle girl is just horrid and looks like she got her lips stuck in a vacuum. As for the 2 more known actresses...they just don't care and I don't blame them.
As for the story...well, the writer/director took the original and added his own extreme and overly played out clichés to make this even worse.
One more thing, as for '3D'....hahahahah
skip this crap!
May 20, 2014
Really awful acting by mischa Barton and the woman who played her mom.... And her sister. Just terrible and weird the cop was only decent actor but it's hard to shine around such shitty actors. None the less -- crazy ghostly thriller pretty predictable and plot line didn't add up to why mischa would stay in that apt. Lame effort at a good horror flick.
½ May 18, 2014
Mischa Barton was the only decent thing in this awful movie. Good for some laughs at its ridiculousness though.
½ May 18, 2014
A completely inept horror film.
½ May 18, 2014
Hands down some of the worst acting I have ever seen. Really, truly awful. It's a pretty boring story with bad special effects, but Misha Barton's performance is what really sunk this horrible movie.
½ May 18, 2014
worst movie ever. If I could give it no stars I would.
May 17, 2014
HORRIBLE & mean HORRIBLE acting! Story was kind of good but not even the slightest bit scary/suspenseful. U know u got a bad movie when the DVD says it's like an hr & 42 min long but it's actually an hr & 20 min lol
½ May 17, 2014
I was actually very angry for having watched this, but then I discovered that it was adapted from yet another Japanese horror film, and then it all started making sense. The plot was either very convoluted or very simple; to be frank, I kinda stopped paying attention. I guess this movie could be considered vaguely creepy if you have an irrational phobia of long hair and acrobats.

I get that I'm just another asshole on the internet, but if I can convince one person not to waste their time like I wish I hadn't, awesome.