Apparition Hill - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Apparition Hill Reviews

August 8, 2017
I saw this movie twice because the first time I saw it, I was so emotional that I missed seeing the last 10 minutes of the movie. Without revealing too much personal information, I would like to say that I don't believe that Holly would call herself a "victim". By the end of the movie, I believe Holly saw herself about to take the greatest spiritual trip one can ever take. She knew that her sweet kiddos and good, stalwart husband would be taken care of by Our Lady and she knew that she could continue on with the rest of her ultimate spiritual journey. As a survivor od cancer myself, I have never defined myself as a victim, just someone who was caught in the cosmic storm. The end of this movie is very intense. Children may react strongly to it. That being said, the end may provide a great segue way to having a deep and meaningful family conversation about religion, life and death decisions, and family values.
July 24, 2017
For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not believe, none is possible.
June 17, 2017
Best documentary I've ever seen. Struck me to the core (I stole that line from another review on here because it's so accurate). A must see for every person on this planet. Truly one of a kind.
March 17, 2017
I really enjoyed this movie about Medugorje. I thought it gave a very unbiased look at 7 people's journey's into faith and how it effects their lives. I especially appreciate their bringing along two atheists. Was extremely touched by Holly's journey especially. I strongly recommend.
March 14, 2017
Apparition Hill was a wonderful movie. I have been wanting to go to Medjugojie and haven't been able to yet. This movie really showed how wonderful and experience it can be. I hope to go soon. The theater was full of young and old people. Most people clapped when the movie was over. I highly recommend seeing this !
December 2, 2016
Stuck me to the core.

I'm very familiar with what is happening in Medjugorje (I've been learning about it for about 15 years and have visited), so for something about the events to have such an impact upon me is a big deal.

This documentary is not so much a story about what is happening in Medjugorje (though there is context given) as it is about how we cope with the cards we're dealt in life.

It's a film for everyone and my favorite character, ironically, is an atheist.

Whether you're a Catholic or an atheist or an agnostic there is no doubt you'll walk away from this film with a better appreciation of how short and precious life is.
December 1, 2016
Really super. Raw, fun, emotional and true.
October 21, 2016
You need only one thing to see this film and enjoy it- an open heart. I hosted this film and can say first hand, that the 200 people that viewed it came from many different spiritual places and religious views. And yet for 2 hours, we all undoubtedly experienced the universal message of love. Apparition Hill is more than a film, it is an experience. It takes you to the thin line between heaven and earth, that is Medjugorje. And not by a sermon or anything remotely preachy, but through the beating and vibrant hearts of people. People like you and I, believing and questioning, struggling and soaring. That is what makes this film beautifully done and impossible not to appreciate. But perhaps it's greatest achievement is the grace it grants with its hope for the entire world and the seeds it sows one person at a time.
October 20, 2016
I have now seen this film 4 times and each time it has been like the first time. I don't know how it is possible, but this film transcends both time and space. The presence of the Holy Spirit pentrates the bigscreen and can be felt by each member of the audience in one way or another. Bloomfield and Kidonakis have outdone themselves!!! Academy Award bound for sure!!! The music is hauntingly beautiful.
October 19, 2016
Very beautiful film and message. Real people, real life.... I saw it today for the 3rd time. Highly recommend specially in this times, that a message of hope is so needed. Sceptic, atheist, religious people, it has a little, or a lot, for every spectator
October 18, 2016
This was a really beautiful film documentary. There was so much to take in that I found I liked the film more and got more out of it each time I saw it. I ended up seeing it 3 times! It was very touching to watch the way that the "pilgrims" were effected by each other and that place. Highly emotional, relatable and beautifully shot.
October 11, 2016
Wonderful, thoughtful, emotional movie in the reality TV style. Not the typical religious movie. Beautiful cinematography for the Medjugorje, Herzogovina countryside. I enjoyed the ending of the movie, and that it was not what one would expect. Certainly worthy of a nomination for Best Documentary for the Academy Awards.
September 25, 2016
A cathartic experience of going on pilgrimage through seven very different people to one of the most mysterious places in the world. The ending will break your heart and lift your spirits. A much needed message in our troubled times. Highly recommended!
August 25, 2016
This movie was brilliantly filmed, capturing your attention from the very first moment. The lives of these 7 strangers, and their time in Medjugorje, reveals to the viewer an honest, real set of experiences that becomes much more than a story...I felt as if I was right there with them. Very few movies today do that for viewers. As emotions, questions, reflections occurred, I felt myself experiencing those same things as well. Not only do I want to see this movie again, I want to see it brought to my hometown. Who needs special effects, contrived scenes and made-up dialogue when the real thing is not only better, it's powerful. Kudos to makers of Apparition Hill!
½ July 9, 2016
Apparition Hill was incredibly well done. It was amazing to see how seven people with totally different views of what they would "get" from going to Medjugorie come together to form this amazing bond and how, whether or not their views/beliefs changed at the end, they supported each other. It was very real and I know, for me, it made me think about my own faith. I loved the use of old film clips and the music in the film was beautiful as well. I would most certainly recommend this movie to everyone . . . whether you believe or not. WELL DONE
June 1, 2016
Sean Bloomfield has done an exceptional job of telling the story of those seven strangers visiting Medjugorje. I am definitely a person who has to experience/witness events in order to understand and/or believe. By filming their views before, during, and after their visit, he gave a complete understand of their experience. I truly enjoyed this film and would recommend it to everyone, no matter one's beliefs.
½ May 29, 2016
Although it's a religious film, you do not need to be a spiritual person to enjoy it. It avoids the common pitfalls typically found in the religious genre. It is not cheesy, it is not preachy, it is not pushy. It is a visceral experience that centers on the human condition. Anyone could identify with at least one of the individuals featured in the film, and this gateway to empathy is what makes the film so gripping. Apparition Hill is a celebration of life, and a reminder of its fragility. I highly recommend that you watch it.
May 19, 2016
This movie made me think, made me laugh, and made me cry. What more could you want?! Excellent doc about a life changing adventure - well done!
May 15, 2016
This documentary is beautifully done. It captures the true essence of humanity and the need for love and community.
May 12, 2016
My husband and I saw this documentary last night, and it was absolutely incredible! It will bring out a full range of emotions in you, and you will leave the theater will a little more love in your heart regardless of your beliefs. The film is edited beautifully and captures the true experiences of the strangers on their pilgrimage to Medjugorje. This film is so real and not cheesy. The story is brilliantly told. For those who already know the love of God, you will leave the theater in even more awe of His goodness and your faith will be enriched.