Appleseed - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Appleseed Reviews

September 28, 2015
Not too bad but its not quite sure where it wants to take the story but it is still quite good and does have a message even if it is uneven
½ September 28, 2013
this is based of of one of my fav. manga series.
March 15, 2013
Fear the Bunny borg!
December 7, 2012
Would like to see at some stage.
May 27, 2012
This is deff a new chapter in the appleseed saga but it holds it own agesnt the first.
April 2, 2012
I never heard about that
February 13, 2012
I love animes flicks from the 80s.
½ October 4, 2011
Great action. Great story.
November 12, 2010
badass oldschool anime action man. I bet the new ones are even better.
½ June 18, 2010
Anime from an era when "get the bastard!" was the villain, macguffin, and thematic core all in one. Bonus half-star for 68 minutes of swear-happy, gun-toting brevity.
January 21, 2010
on first viewing, I thought, "Eh?!" but the modern version opened my eyes a bit. watched it the second time round and could see the 80s animation styles and the different vibe generally. real cool piece of japanese anime cinematic history.
September 9, 2009
This movie is the perfect example of anime at it's best. I loved it! And even the second one, Exmachina, was great. The look of the movie is Cell Shaded, and it does indeed look unique.
September 9, 2009
some of the most visually stunning anime I've ever seen. Great story, too.
September 9, 2009
Very very well animated. Story isn't that bad either. Not great , not bad at all.
September 9, 2009
OVA dans le style cyberpunk base sur le manga de Shirow Masamune. Shirow ne fut pas implique dans la realisation du film et l'histoire s'en ressent si on compare au manga. C'est tout de meme une bonne introduction au monde de Shirow et de l'anime plus elabore que du Dragon Ball par exemple.
September 9, 2009
Had its moments, but I remember distinctly an air of disappointment surrounding it.
September 6, 2009
MUCH better than the remake. It seems that sometimes the films with older animation make up for it with better plots and storylines, whereas films that beat you over the head with special effects and computer animation are just trying to compensate for a boring film. =p
June 30, 2009
dosent do that much justice to Shiro Masamune's work
April 27, 2009
The movie was not bad. I had seen the two 3D Appleseeds first. This one actually takes place between them. It does fill in a bit of back story which is nice. I know it was the 80s, but I was not that impressed with the animation. I have seen other 80s animation that is much better. The music and look was pretty good. The story was missing a lot and seemed to jump around. I just didn't really enjoy this as much as the others.
½ February 11, 2009
Great police action, mystery, deep and higher thinking/moral dilemma. A must see.