Après vous (After You) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Après vous (After You) Reviews

October 18, 2016
not much. it gets a pass because its a foreign film. if it was an American film everybody would say it stink to high heavens
December 20, 2014
Amusing enough. Good soundtrack. Carried by Auteuil and Garcia.
½ March 29, 2014
Funny and perfectly charming. Love Daniel Auteuil!
½ September 9, 2012
Really loved this movie. Fun and entertaining. Auteil is fantastic here.
August 26, 2012
A great movie for those who like European films. I liked its approach though as well as the performances and the general atmosphere. Neat film overall.
½ July 29, 2011
Divertidísima comedia, en la que un esquizofrénico y un ayudador compulsivo y una mujer de la que están enamorados los dos generan una cinta de lo más entretenido que he visto. Aunque no la encontrarás tan fácilmente pues es francesa y data de 2003, vale la pena buscarla y verla.
July 18, 2011
Bought but not yet watched
May 4, 2011
Brilliant french romcom. Made me chuckle and cringe plenty :D
½ March 25, 2011
Quirky. Cute. Well done..but as an admirer of French films, and particularly those starring Daniel Auteuil, I found Apres Vous to be a bit of a disappointment. The film has funny moments, but not hilarious moments. The premise of the story seemed ripe for both non-stop laughs and great character development--neither is really accomplished. Not a bad movie at all, just left me a little unsatisfied by the end.
½ March 7, 2011
A light & watch-able French farce :D
½ November 27, 2010
I loved this film. It was funny, sweet and even a little sad at times. I loved not knowing how it was going to end!
terris85017
½ September 29, 2010
(June 2005 director Pierre Salvadori) Saw this movie as a treat--read NO reviews on it! Apres Vous means "After You!" French movie w/ English subtitles! MUCH FUNNIER THAN PINK PANTHER FOR EXAMPLE!! (Garcon) Antoine stumbles upon a man as he is hanging himself (Louis) Attempts to free him from his demons....over a lost love! Great restaurant scenes! Surprising lots of laughs! Good acting!! IN SPOKEN FRENCH WITH ENGLISH SUBTITLES To tell you much more would be to give away the plot...much time is spent in this film in a florist shop!! LOL
August 13, 2010
Ei nyt erityisen hauska, mutta täynnä yllätyksiä :)
July 28, 2010
A not particularly funny twist on the CdeB plot. Good acting by Auteuil and pretty French actresses render it watchable Definitely in the realms of mediocre rom-com. (it took three attempts to watch it through)
½ July 22, 2010
One of my favorite French films.
½ April 27, 2010
Whilst Apres Vous is fun, it's hard to fathom why one man would go to such lengths to retain the happiness of a suicidal stranger and it's this that turns the film into a bit of a bore. At times, it's funny, well acted and reassuringly French but the frustrating and tiresome storyline means it loses its direction early on and never quite recovers.
½ April 5, 2010
I liked it. Had some funny moments.
November 9, 2009
Un poco larga y rebuscada...
½ October 14, 2009
Charming movie. Well acted. At times you feel that Antoine is getting what he deserves for being "too nice" in helping Louis. Perhaps unintentional, but Louis may have had a point when saying that Antoine is being selfish. What are the true intentions of Antoine for helping out so much. Yes, he's a nice guy, but is he doing it to make up for something lacking or missing in his own life? Anyway, ending was a little predictable but I thought it was original how it ended up that way.
½ September 20, 2009
A delightful french romantic comedy kind of explores the consequences of being the good samaritan, but the emphasis is on the plot workthrough rathe than these themes. It never gets dull though and Daniel Auteuil is perfectly cast.