Arachnid - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Arachnid Reviews

June 11, 2017
For its time, and in general, it's a good and watchable giant spider movie. Acting is pretty good, and the score and atmosphere is also great. Overall, a great watch.
½ July 16, 2014
I personally thought that director, Jack Sholder did a good job at this film. Sholder is also known for the sequel to Wes Craven's A Nightmare on Elm Street, A Nightmare on Elm Street 2: Freddy's Back. Good spider film. Never got the point of the worm/centipede creature things
½ June 26, 2014
Pretty naff stuff,giant spider in the jungle. People doing stupid things to die. The effects are at least more practical than cgi
August 28, 2013
Despite my well documented love of awesome terrible movies this one completely failed to grab my attention despite any amount of monstrous creepy crawlies .
August 1, 2013
The gore value in this giant spider horror is fine, but the story around it doesn't generate enough interest with some very dull characters on show.
½ December 11, 2012
i met the director of this and told him i watched it, his response was "you didn't watch the whole thing did ya?"
August 27, 2012
It wasn't much to do with spiders until at the end with giant alien spider with a shell like steel. Good summary of how good the movie was. Even the bit with half a flying caterpillar.
½ August 21, 2012
when you turn it off in 5 minutes, that should give you an idea
½ June 2, 2012
To his credit, Jack Sholder has claimed that this is his least favorite film of his own.
½ April 8, 2012
Offering absolutely nothing new to the creature feature genré, this is a playful tease that has moments of being downright nasty and is littered with poor performances.
½ March 11, 2012
Not the worst creature feature I've ever seen, but certainly not the best. Pickens are slim when it comes to giant spider movies but you would obviously do better to go with The Mist, Return of the King or Eight Legged Freaks. It was kind of fun to try and figure out everything the doctor was saying though. Honestly the only reason I watched this was because there was a cool looking pic of the spider in the John Landis book Monsters in the Movies, and the monster was indeed kinda cool, but the movie was pretty bad. And the opening stuff with the aliens was so pointless.
½ February 13, 2012
Pile of crap. Not scary and has terrible special effects
½ February 8, 2012
its entertaining but kinda crappy
½ January 8, 2012
Low budget movie shocker, with the exellent chris potter in, its fun and not to be taken too seriously,
December 31, 2011
If only Sy-Fy movies aspired to this! Honestly, besides the parts using awful CGI, this was a very fun monster movie.
December 24, 2011
Go into this expecting a load of crap... and it's kinda enjoyable. Kudos to the cast and crew for their dedication.
September 30, 2011
"Incredibly fun, syfy style of film."
½ July 18, 2011
It's got certain monster movie charms and I always appreciate a movie that uses mostly practical effects but it never reaches the badass-ness of the poster. In fact there's no scene even remotely similar.
April 5, 2011
Okay, pretty lame as movies go, but there's something about it that I like. And it's not the huge ass spiders either.
½ April 4, 2011