Arbitrage - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Arbitrage Reviews

February 20, 2016
This subtle type of thriller can only be properly pulled off with the right cast of actors, and they knock it out of the park.
½ January 31, 2016
My thoughts:
A mistress should know her place. Period.
A bunch of coke heads.
½ January 6, 2016
It's complicated and sleazy, as is expected from the high and mighty of NYC. Lies, fraud, double crosses and in the end the bad guys still win.
December 13, 2015
Arbitrage is exciting, competently acted and well done, but the story is very cliche and predictable.
½ November 12, 2015
Richard Gere has never been held in particularly high regard as actor but here he is perfectly cast as ageing hedge fund magnate who's life quickly unravels. A well written script with plenty of drama but the climax is a little weak.
½ September 17, 2015
Intriguing, pulsating thriller but the lack of conclusion and enotional vacuum of the film limits it from greatness.
August 27, 2015
It's an engaging watch.
August 2, 2015
Predictable, dull with weak performances and plot holes galore.
½ July 7, 2015
was enjoying the film when it seemed to come to an abrupt end just when it was getting interesting......good film but such a disappointing ending
June 7, 2015
I Like Richard Gere.
May 31, 2015
A workmanlike glimpse into the parallel universe of the Wall Street wealthy. Richard Gere, Tim Roth and Susan Sarandon are exceptionally persuasive professional actors - surrounded here by a well directed and experienced supporting cast. Stuart Margolin, Reg E. Cathey and particularly Tibor Feldman are especially effective in small but important roles.
May 16, 2015
Deep interesting movie, that requires a good amount of attention to get all the details. Has a good lead actor, who like the rest performs very well. I didn't fully know what the plot was until I saw the movie, but heard it was good so thought why not. The pace is what I would call 'calm' not slow and not particularly fast. It is steady and let's us take in all the details of the plot, and is interesting overall. The ending isn't the typical everyone wins that is predicted, but the right thing is done and is satisfying at least. Overall good movie, don't have much to say about it but is well done, enjoyable and recommended.
½ May 7, 2015
Arbitrage is a decent film. It is a troubled hedge fund magnate desperate to complete the sale of his trading empire makes an error that forces him to turn to an unlikely person for help. Richard Gere and Susan Sarandon give good performances. The script is a little slow in places. Nicholas Jarecki did an alright job directing this movie. I liked this motion picture because of the drama and mystery.
½ May 3, 2015
Gere is at his best playing affluent, charismatic, slightly villainous characters, and here is no different.
½ April 27, 2015
Great film. I would describe it as being the ultimate episode of "Law & Order".
March 13, 2015
It's ok but could have been so much more. Richard Gere is excellent and it is a decent enough story. It lacks pace at times and there are moments where there was an opportunity to turn up the tension but it never quite gets there.
½ March 9, 2015
Richard Gere is doing Richard Gere better than anyone else can. He gives a fantastic, conflicted, nuanced performance, and the supporting cast hold him up well. The film is thrilling yet not scary, which makes for an engaging and entertaining use of your time.
March 7, 2015
Good performances all around, especially from Gere.
March 3, 2015
An interesting unexpected thriller with great performances from Richard Gere, Brit Marling, and Susan Sarandon