Arbitrage - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Arbitrage Reviews

February 20, 2015
Arbitrage is a classy financial thriller that keeps you tense until the very last minute. The elegance with which Richard Gere seems to suffer through hell is worth watching. Susan Sarandon and a very ad hoc soundtrack complete the success.
½ January 31, 2015
Nicholas Jarecki, with the outstanding help from Richard Gere, successfully creates a tense and well-directed film.
½ January 29, 2015
I watched Arbitrage before watching the trailer, so I didn't know what it was going to happen. In the beginning, I wasn't getting happy about it as I thought that it is going to be a cliché affair movie. But then the car crash came in which surprised me and I never seen this before and got me invested. With knowing about Richard Gere's character, I should hate him for what he has done to himself and his family, but the actor plays it very emotionally and convincing that I was starting to feel sorry for him. The acting is great, the plot is really good, and it's really clever. There's some moments that I got laughs from, but I don't know if they were intentional or not. There's a problem that I did have that's a bit close to the ending of the movie which made it too easy, even though the ending itself did made it better a bit. Arbitrage is an amazing movie that really keeps you interested to see what's going to happen next.
½ January 11, 2015
A good suspense film about getting away with crime. A good character development.
½ January 10, 2015
I can't believe I just recently found out about this movie and I like this movie I loved it Richard Gere did a great job
January 8, 2015
boring at first, mystery at end. Adele Azar Rucquoi
½ January 3, 2015
This film is at its best with Gere under pressure....which is most of the movie.
The guy shows flawless acting in a suspense film about a man doing what's wrong and how it will bite you in the ass.
it's a study too of money talks and you can walk.
Gere plays a successful CEO who you think at first is a good family man.
You quickly realize he is kind of a sleeze ball who is having an affair with a younger woman.

Things spiral all of control when he gets in a car accident and kills her.
Instead of doing the right thing and calling 911, he flees the seen, calls someone to pick him up, which eventually involves him in the crime.
It spirals more out of control in this tense tout thriller that has a quick message abrupt ending.

Gere makes the Fantastic movie that is flawed but good nonetheless.
January 3, 2015
Udite udite un bel film nonostante Richard Gere! Britt Marling sceglie ancora una volta bene. Bel thriller in cui nessun personaggio si salva dal punto di vista morale. La Castà muore molto bene...
½ November 15, 2014
Hit a strong note on a personal level, which is why my avoidance to watch upon initial release. Solid enough to cast aside caution.
½ October 19, 2014
Yep.
When the shit hits the fan it hits hard and steady.
And justice is in the eye of the beholder.
September 26, 2014
Well written, and fortunately it doesn't have a forced, implausible twist in the end.
September 10, 2014
Wednesday, August 27, 2014

(2012) Arbitrage
DRAMA/ SUSPENSE

Written and directed by Nicholas Jarecki who used to work in Wall Street, providing yet another fascinating look about the industry. Stars Richard Gere as Robert Miller attempting to make a sale to avoid the gov't system. It's complicated but I've seen this movie some time ago.
September 7, 2014
I found it slow and predictable. That said it is great to see Gere getting some well deserved accolades for a powerful performance.
September 1, 2014
Interesting view of the upper class, but overall it was kinda dull.
August 12, 2014
August 2, 2014
El filme hace buen uso de su genérico desarrollo ofreciendo un ritmo frenético que mantiene intrigado al mismo tiempo que un notable perfil psicológico de los personajes. Resultado: un thriller aceptable, interesante y entretenido, que sin embargo está muy falto de rotundidad, principalmente por culpa de su final, demasiado abierto.

Nota: 6.5/10
July 28, 2014
A thriller that can be alluded to an obvious real-life scandal, 'Arbitrage' moves surely with a smooth performance from Richard Gere as Robert Miller. Watching his character attempt to keep all the skeletons in his closet is thrilling enough. He has to balance family, infidelity, fraud, manslaughter, old favors, and just about everything you can think of. The sensational part of this film is that it always seems like Miller will get caught. His wealth and influence wane, but somehow he gets out. Imagine if the real-life Bernie Madoff had gotten away with his Ponzi scheme. Watch this film to find out.
July 23, 2014
EXCELLENT ACTING, TAUT SCRIPT
July 16, 2014
A tense and entertaining financial thriller. Richard Gere is at his very best for the first time since "Chicago".
July 12, 2014
This has got to be the movie with one of the most abrupt endings ever. But, it's completely appropriate and makes an excellent point. Money doesn't buy everything, or does it? Good parts for Richard Gere and Susan Sarandon. Bottom line: Nicely paced thriller.