Arc - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Arc Reviews

½ April 20, 2009
I sat down to watch Arc more because of the cast than the content. I was very eager to see Peter Facinelli's acting skills when carrying the lead of a movie as I found him to be perfectly cast in 2008's Twilight as Dr. Carlisle Cullen. The movie is shot with a documentary style edge to the cinematography which I usually find irritating but somehow in this works in the context of this film's subject matter. The multi-faceted plotline is gritty and draws you in, both because of the edginess of the stories and the high calibre of acting. This movie grabs you early on and draws you deeper inside with every passing moment. Plotlines range from child sex abuse and kidnapping to dysfunctional family and drug addiction. Peter Facinelli's portrayal of the "hero" in this film is mesmerizing...you actually come to like and feel for this unlikely hero who suffers from psychosis and drug addiction, but who never loses his desire to champion a cause...in this case the abuse and kidnapping of a little boy. I now know why it was so popular in it's appearances at independent film festivals. Riveting performances by Facinelli and Howard and all the supporting cast and kudos to the director for allowing us to see his vision. Well worth the 2 hrs!