Are You Scared 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Are You Scared 2 Reviews

½ September 30, 2015
No I'm not scared, boring movie.
DrStrangeblog
½ January 9, 2014
5 seconds - literally, 5 seconds is all it takes to realize how terribly this movie is made. And it doesn't matter which 5 seconds either, randomly seek to any point and you're guaranteed to land in a nadir of incompetence. Except perhaps the Tony Todd bits, because at least he knows how to say his lines - what the hell is he doing in such a gradeschool production anyway??

With so many awful elements, it's hard to pick the worst but I'll go with the music score that works like a vacuum - absolutely no atmosphere! Gotta be the limpest horror movie soundtrack in at least 30 years. On the bright side, any attempt to make an Are You Scared 3 is sure to be an improvement.
May 29, 2013
what a piece of crap,cheap knock off from saw.looking at the reviews and the trailer i would rather sit there and do nothing than watch this.Poor acting,poor editing,guys don't bother making another don't waste your life on this making this garbage
May 10, 2013
the frist one looked so good
½ April 24, 2013
completely something different than 1st part... and waaaay worse
October 29, 2012
sadly im watching this on encore, powers out and its halloween time. but after seeing the first movie, i thought it would continue where it left off. i was mistaken, for a low budgeted film. sound is aweful, acting is.... what where they doing? good idea, poorly executed. very disappointing movie, did i mention boring.
½ January 5, 2012
Now I`ve seen some stupid movies before but I can not remember watching one as bad as this flick. Nothing at all compared to the original. Terrible acting throughout coupled with a script and dialogue that a ten year old wouldn`t touch. I had to force myself to keep watching, hoping that at some point it would get better. When I saw that it starred Tony Todd( the Candyman killer.) I said to myself, this must be a good movie, I could not have been more wrong. Don`t waste your time or your money.
June 8, 2011
I love the idea to this movie...I loved it. It would've been a great sequel to the first...but it wasn't. I am extremely disappointed in this one. They had the story perfect but they just made it a little too boring...and plus the setting and acting were horrible. I was so bored watching this...that I waited for it to end for a long time. It just kept going annd going and It got even stupider by the moment. They could've done a way better job. Man, I am disappointed!
½ March 6, 2011
Not even worth watching for the geocaching aspect of it.
The plot is horrible at best, and the characters are truly awful.
The one girl slightly resembles Snooki and for that reason alone she was highly unlikeable.

Mixed with a maniac with no real motive, and no real connection between the characters. On top of that nobody really even cares about the characters so if they end up a victim nobody really cares, as they weren't likeable.
February 5, 2011
such a retarded movie it gets no sympathy from me
½ January 18, 2011
the only good actor in this movie is Mr. Tony Todd!
This is at least more entertaining then the first one, but just as bad!

wanna know what i think about this movie?
then read the review i wrote about the first one!
it's almost the same!
½ January 17, 2011
The first one sucked so bad so who the hell would be stupid enough to fund a sequel?
½ December 16, 2010
completely something different than 1st part... and waaaay worse
½ September 17, 2010
Well, the first Are You Scared movie is a bit of a guilty pleasure of mine, but this one is just... not good from either of filmmaking perspective, or a entertainment perspective. I will give it one point, it's a lot more original than the first one and the idea of using Geo Caching to lead and trap people and then kill them off is a cool one, but it kind of fizzles out pretty quickly and isn't so cool anymore. There's just a not of running around and being completed lost, in a house that isn't that big mind you, it's just not very plausable. The characters are annoying as well and you really didn't care what happened to them. The ending was decent and Tony Todd's bit at the end was good, so that was a bit of a saving grace, but for the most part it was long and boring with a lot of running around, in a house that just couldn't possibly have as many rooms as they showed it having, and a few people get slaughtered, but even that isn't very exciting.
September 1, 2010
Although the premise is tired and has been used again and again in Fear dot Com, Stay Alive, Saw, Hostel, Live Feed etc, as entries in the seemingly endless genre go, it wasn't bad. It was obviously made on a low budget, on video, but the finished result was good all things considered. There was a nice sense of claustrophobia and some good set pieces but it lacked coherence and often promised that it would deliver more shocks than it did. On the plus side it managed to get the balance right between showing gore and torture but not lingering on it to the same extent that some of the other efforts in the genre, which were more gratuitous. With a bigger budget and tighter plotting and scripting it would have been better, but I always feel we should support indie and low budget films -- and even if they're not brilliant, try to see the good in them.
½ September 1, 2010
Not even "So Bad its funny"
I think what made me giggle, is the poor attempt at a GPS just happening to have the layout and blueprints and exits of where they're trapped...and works indoors. Other than that the joke was on me cause it costs more than nothing to rent it.
September 1, 2010
It is just a rehash of numerous other movies, low budget, not very original. Gory, not very frightening. The acting is fair at least. It gets a bit tiresome after awhile.
July 30, 2010
Am I scared? Not really. The Candyman is always a little creepy but other than that not very scary.
½ May 25, 2010
People usually exaggerate when they say a movie is "the worst movie ever". Well, not here. I truly believe that this is the worst movie ever created. Ever.
½ December 22, 2009
Somehow, I liked the first one better. This one was boring, and nothing really happens. I didn't even understand the plot.