Area 407 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Area 407 Reviews

½ June 3, 2016
This was the first film of 2016 that had me hit that "I can't do it" point, and had to turn off. I have a pretty good tolerance for bad movies, being a horror-pundit will do that to a man, but Tape 407 was unbearable.
August 27, 2014
not bad, basically a bunch of people running around who survived a plane crash and are chased by something, but the ending made me jump
August 21, 2014
The people that are going to watch this movie please don't because it will scar you out of your mined.
½ March 26, 2014
ok plane crash pic something you'll never see on the in-flight movie.
½ March 4, 2014
Turns out there's a big difference between a good found footage movie and a bad one. Utterly inept attempt to cash in the genre's success only using the ambiguous shaky cam technique to cover up the fact that they had no budget. Laughable makeup, irritating and inconsistent characters and completely botched attempts at suspense.
½ February 23, 2014
This movie was plotless and took forever just to get through the pointless scenes. The dialouge in this movie was good but there was way too much of it in some parts. Also, near the end of the movie, what happened to the guy with the brown jacket, he just dissappeared and never showed up for the rest of the movie.
December 14, 2013
The premise is promising but it's shot down but being a found footage film with terrible writing of it's dialogue and characters, and the acting is just plain laughable.
November 27, 2013
Probably the worst piece of crap i have ever saw !!!...IT GAVE ME A MAJOR HEADACHE !!
November 24, 2013
So sick of the shaking camera filming! Seriously can't they just make a film without that effect? Besides this movie isn't that scary and you can't really see the monster. Don't bother wasting time
November 23, 2013
This is yet another found-film, hand-held camera, cheap, bad production. Why does a US air marshal have an Aussie accent? Why does the blood on everyone never dry, never run, nor change colour as it must?

One line summary: The worst in found film; lots of closeups of bloody faces; not much plot.

------------------------------------------------

Trish and Jessie travel by jet from New York to Los Angeles for New Year's Eve. Trish is video recording. Trish's high-pitched elf voice is incredibly irritating. The new year arrives during the flight; this was quite the anticlimax until the heavy weather hits.

The plane crashes in a desert area. Trish and Jessie survive. Jessie takes over filming after Trish is incapacitated.

After seeing this film, not hearing the word 'okay' for about 8 years would be fine. The characters kept repeating 'okay' while examining bleeding, broken limbs, no food, no shelter, missing people, and so on. The anger at the intrusive camera seemed quite understandable. The only use I could see for the camera was as a torch (flashlight). Jessie, who is even less skilled at operating it, took over. Jessie zooms almost continuously, concentrates on bloodied faces, and almost never focuses well.

Something goes bump in the night, kills several survivors, and routs them from the leftover fuselage. Six survivors find a nearby cabin. Eventually a car comes by. The surviving air marshal has a conversation with the driver, who proceeds to drive away. The bump in the night returns and scares them out of the cabin. The ever-useless, petulant Trish holds half of them back.

They find a working two-way radio in the second cabin. The initial 'replies' are indecipherable. They keep trying and eventually contact someone who will try to triangulate their position. The voice tells them to go back to the plane where the bump in the night killed people.

They obey this direction. Will anyone survive?

-----Scores------

Cinematography: 0/10 Hand-held nonsense. All the usual failures are there: continuous and unnecessary zooming, bad focus, bad framing, settling on a subject who is doing nothing other than zoning out.

Sound: 5/10 Varies wildly. Trish's high pitched voice rates a good minus four.

Acting: 0/10 The hand-held camera trumps acting.

Screenplay: 2/10 Is there a story here? Way too much time is spent on the camera zooming and re-zooming and focusing on characters who are basically not moving, not talking. So far it is: plane crash, deaths, scramble, hope for rescue, then hopes dashed. Looks like a nice ten minute short.
½ October 22, 2013
En värdelös rulle, där man använt Blair Witch P "tekniken" att allt filmas av en av skådisarna, handlingen är mer än lovligt dålig och skulle inte ens hitta nåt bra att säga om denna film om jag blunda med ena ögat och kisade med det andra. Bland det sämsta av det sämsta, usla skådisar gör inte saken bättre.
Filmen känns som dom filmat den under en natt och början av morronen. Se den för faaan inte.
½ October 20, 2013
As someone who's seen at least 75% of all horror and sci-fi films made in the last 15 years, this is undoubtedly one of the worst. It's just an hour and a half of bunch of people running around at night in a deserted area outside Vegas. The young girl is intensely annoying and all characters are completely hollow. There's no climax, the creature is never shown for more than a half of a second and the ending is completely predictable. Avoid this movie at all costs.
½ September 13, 2013
Typical waste of time found in most 'found tape' movies. I want my time back.
September 11, 2013
Boring and drawn out. Not a single likable character, everyone was annoying.
August 27, 2013
It's not all that bad of a found-footage film. While it still suffers the why?' parts, it's still pretty scary and exciting. The dinosaurs don't appear often enough, and we usually only see glimpses of them. A lot of arguing, running, and blood (each character is pretty much soaking in wet blood for the entire film). While there are a lot of stupid deaths that I didn't like, particularly the end which was awful, it's honestly not a bad as some found-footage flicks. Could of had more dinosaurs though.
August 24, 2013
I actually quite enjoyed this. I know it has it's issues, but I enjoy FOUND FOOTAGE films, and this one includes not only and airplane crash, but then the survivors having to deal with a Dinosaur in some sort of Government experiment.

It actually takes some time to introduce the characters who will of course be our core crash survivors. The Charlie character will for sure come off as annoying for awhile in this film, and nearly every character makes a few really dumb decisions, but I still found it enjoyable.

I have read complaints that you only really hear noises or see flashes of the Dinosaur, but I think that works best. You fear worse what you cannot see.

The acting is decent, as this would probably be what people going through this would act like.

And the final moments are pretty extreme. I didn't really see it coming and wow, it has to be seen to be believed.

If you are fans of found footage, I think this will be a real treat.
July 1, 2013
Boring "found footage" movie with bad acting bad cgi bad everything.

Seriously Fuck Found Footage movies.
June 18, 2013
Harsh as this may seem, the little girl, Trish, was so annoying (particularly her voice), that I prayed she did not survive the crash so we didn't have to hear her for the rest of the movie.
May 26, 2013
It may have a good ending but Area 407 is missing a lot of pay off to make it a satisfying experience.
May 20, 2013
Filmé caméra ā l'épaule, įa donne juste envie de vomir !! Et tellement improbable...