Arisan! (The Gathering) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Arisan! (The Gathering) Reviews

August 21, 2012
so fresh, so real, and yes, gay man is a girl's best friend!!!
½ October 24, 2010
:) Great nice proof of development in indonesian movie. Rachel Maryam is still a bad actress though
January 29, 2010
Honest portrait, excellent dialog, interesting story, and very good cinematography.
½ November 26, 2009
Everytime i watched this movie, just simply makin me put in this kinda state where im happy and sad at the same time. Happy, coz thrill to know that [i think] no longer feelin im just like the last gay on earth. En, why do Dinata make gay with those fabulous Big City's scene. Esp, Sudiro in that age for havin kinda confusin of gender issues is tottally out of date. Im havin those issues was in my High School's era. En, i think most of us are too. So, its kinda ticklin. But, then again, im still makin applause for her, for makin such OUT movie about US. Thanks, Dinata! I <3 U. U're such GAY's best gurlfriend.
½ November 23, 2009
Funny and clever movie. A real one of its kind.
½ August 23, 2009
ceritanya menggambarkan kehidupan di Jakarta sehari-hari, dengan mengangkat sebuah topik yang masih dianggap tabu oleh masyarakat kita. karya nia dinata yang terbaik menurut saya. :)
½ June 27, 2009
The first come back and worthy Indonesian movie to watch. To picture gay story in Indonesia is quite risky, especially if we think about muslim majority people, but this movie dare to do that. Represented some Indonesian life style in some spots. And being born and raised in Jakarta, Indonesia, I perfectly understand every single little joke which I think was quite hilarious. Two thumbs up for the Director Nia Dinata and Tora Sudiro who played as gay man with first kissing scene. Good work you guys!!
April 8, 2009
not just another Indonesian movie,Arisan is funny,honest,and simple
½ February 1, 2009
quite entertaining! love it =)
½ January 11, 2009
Arisan! is a very well-developed piece of drama, which avoids (for the most part) the usual soap-opera clichées. The socialite is torn down, to the delight of fans of theatric realism, and brought back together, to the delight of everyone else. The only thing I missed was a somewhat deeper exploration of the main characters: each one seemed to have enough of a story to fill a separate movie.
½ October 22, 2008
This one is awesome..a proof that indonesian filmmaker not only can make a horror movie, but also a gripping storyline about lifestyle in modern days..
October 16, 2008
kehidupan socialite jakarta sekali!!!
love it
½ October 13, 2008
Interesting screenplay, but lacking in the story.
ajaymuthecooldevils
October 9, 2008
Not as good as it already told before... And the winning of 'Piala Citra' for Tora Sudiro didn't fit him just because he played a gay character... The story is different from the others, that is one of the reason this movie should be watched... But how the story flows, it just standard and usual... Just another usual Indonesian movie...
September 26, 2008
still the best 'modern' Indonesian movie.. urban life never bores you...
September 1, 2008
A wake up call for Indonesian cinema.
August 12, 2008
Good one. Very unique movie from an Indonesian. Still, I feel a little bit annoyed by the ending..
½ June 21, 2008
terrible storyline, appalling acting. It's like watching a 1h30mins lame soap tv.