The Aristocats - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Aristocats Reviews

½ October 1, 2015
A fun and enjoyable classic.
September 27, 2015
A cute Disney animated movie
September 26, 2015
Voices are familiar if you know classic Disney and the jokes are ones that might not fly today under the PC banner but were charming to me as a time gone by. Three year old still mesmerized by physical humor so well crafted in the time before computer animation.
½ July 28, 2015
Boring, poor, and uninteresting, The Aristocats is undoubtedly the worst Disney film
½ July 24, 2015
The Aristocats has excellent characters that are mostly really likable and well developed, the music is also a standout as it is catchy and even authentic and the humor is very good and even stupendous as it has its fair share of funny moments, but the animation is nothing too remarkable, the villain is awful and the story is quite weak and too episodic in nature with too many detours. This is such a step down from Disney after a string of classic in the sixties and this is the movie that started their Dark Age, but it is still a solid piece of entertainment that is rather charming in nature and quite amusing.
½ July 3, 2015
This in a nutshell is Lady and the Tramp for cat lovers, only dull and dated with regard to gender roles and stereotypes, while the jazzy tunes are not at all memorable (you won't remember any of them) and the scenes with the dogs turn out to be (ironically) the most amusing in it.
June 5, 2015
Another one from my childhood, always has to have animals.
May 30, 2015
It may just be the nostalgia talking, but this movie just makes me happy. Yeah it's a pretty dumb story and is pretty much just cats for you to go "d'aaaaawwww" at, but it's just so enjoyable and calm. Some great songs as well.
May 26, 2015
Not the best Disney film, but I always say it's my favourite. Such charm, and the music changed my life forever.
May 16, 2015
Everybody wants to be a cat
½ April 28, 2015
Seriously? How is this a classic? Couldn't get attached to any of the characters. They got annoying to the point where I hoped the story would go all Game of Thrones on the characters. My favourite character had to be the Chinese cat, hands down, and he only had like 2 lines. Bottom of the Disney bargain bin for sure.
½ March 12, 2015
A Disney film where the "villain" is actually the hero. I could not finish it. Too boring.
February 18, 2015
forgettable no interesting story or characters and the comedic moments never pay off
½ February 17, 2015
Entertaining but also quite insipid, with little or none special moments, feeble characters and lots of filler... one of the least inspired Disney films :$
February 8, 2015
"Everybody wants to be a cat!" Disney pumps out yet another mediocre animated children's film with The AristoCats. Derivative of their previous works (especially Lady and the Tramp), the plot follows a pampered cat and her three kittens as they try to make their way back home after being dumped in the countryside by a butler who resents them. The characters are pretty fun, yet stick to the standard Disney stereotypes. And of course, there are several entertaining musical numbers. However, the animation is rather poor and the voice work is unimpressive. It's also a hard sell to route for a crazy cat lady who's trying to give her vast fortune to her cats, sacrebleu! The AristoCats has some charming moments, but overall it's a substandard effort from Disney.
January 25, 2015
It's not Disney's best animated film, but it does contain some of Disney's most memorable and catchiest tunes.
January 18, 2015
One of my favorite all time by Disney. A great story. We had not watched it in 10 years and it is still enjoyable and wholesome.
December 25, 2014
Psychedelic and charming, a compelling piece of fantastic animation and crazy amazing jazz music. I can probably owe my love for that genre to this movie, so endless love for Aristocats!
½ December 25, 2014
yawn...also WORST VILLIAN EVER!