The Aristocats - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Aristocats Reviews

½ July 28, 2015
Boring, poor, and uninteresting, The Aristocats is undoubtedly the worst Disney film
½ July 24, 2015
The Aristocats has excellent characters that are mostly really likable and well developed, the music is also a standout as it is catchy and even authentic and the humor is very good and even stupendous as it has its fair share of funny moments, but the animation is nothing too remarkable, the villain is awful and the story is quite weak and too episodic in nature with too many detours. This is such a step down from Disney after a string of classic in the sixties and this is the movie that started their Dark Age, but it is still a solid piece of entertainment that is rather charming in nature and quite amusing.
June 5, 2015
Another one from my childhood, always has to have animals.
May 30, 2015
It may just be the nostalgia talking, but this movie just makes me happy. Yeah it's a pretty dumb story and is pretty much just cats for you to go "d'aaaaawwww" at, but it's just so enjoyable and calm. Some great songs as well.
May 16, 2015
Everybody wants to be a cat
½ April 28, 2015
Seriously? How is this a classic? Couldn't get attached to any of the characters. They got annoying to the point where I hoped the story would go all Game of Thrones on the characters. My favourite character had to be the Chinese cat, hands down, and he only had like 2 lines. Bottom of the Disney bargain bin for sure.
½ March 12, 2015
A Disney film where the "villain" is actually the hero. I could not finish it. Too boring.
February 18, 2015
forgettable no interesting story or characters and the comedic moments never pay off
½ February 17, 2015
Entertaining but also quite insipid, with little or none special moments, feeble characters and lots of filler... one of the least inspired Disney films :$
February 8, 2015
"Everybody wants to be a cat!" Disney pumps out yet another mediocre animated children's film with The AristoCats. Derivative of their previous works (especially Lady and the Tramp), the plot follows a pampered cat and her three kittens as they try to make their way back home after being dumped in the countryside by a butler who resents them. The characters are pretty fun, yet stick to the standard Disney stereotypes. And of course, there are several entertaining musical numbers. However, the animation is rather poor and the voice work is unimpressive. It's also a hard sell to route for a crazy cat lady who's trying to give her vast fortune to her cats, sacrebleu! The AristoCats has some charming moments, but overall it's a substandard effort from Disney.
January 25, 2015
It's not Disney's best animated film, but it does contain some of Disney's most memorable and catchiest tunes.
January 18, 2015
One of my favorite all time by Disney. A great story. We had not watched it in 10 years and it is still enjoyable and wholesome.
December 25, 2014
Psychedelic and charming, a compelling piece of fantastic animation and crazy amazing jazz music. I can probably owe my love for that genre to this movie, so endless love for Aristocats!
½ December 25, 2014
yawn...also WORST VILLIAN EVER!
½ December 2, 2014
An endlessly quotable nostalgic trip.
November 16, 2014
The Aristocats may not have broken any new grounds for Disney, but it did not cease to entertain or captivate with a fun story and robust music.
September 19, 2014
Disney put good traits in this of another animated classic filled with charms such as good animation (like always by Disney), funnies and cuteness and good voice cast like Harris ("The Jungle Book" and "Robin Hood") and Holloway ("The Many Adventure of Winnie the Pooh"). (A-)

(Full review coming soon - with better wording)
½ September 16, 2014
The Aristocats is a very well-animated, cutesy, Disney-fluff flick with little weight to it's name. Come on, a crazy, old bat gives her fortune to her cats? Sure, the synopsis on this site is complete bullshit, but the actual movie's plot is a stretch on Disney's part.
August 25, 2014
Kids will love it, but adults might find it so-so.

Not anywhere near as good as Wolfgang Reitherman's previous movie, The Jungle Book. Story is quite basic, even dull at times. Music is okay but not great. Certainly not in The Jungle Book's league.

This said, it has many sweet moments. It is shortish - 70 minutes long.

Animation is also different to The Jungle Book, though this is not necessarily a bad thing. Here the animations seem more like water colour paintings than cartoons, which gives the movie a more artistic impression. With Paris as the setting, it works well.

Voice performances are good, and well-cast. Phil Harris, who played Baloo in The Jungle Book, is back, as O'Malley The Alley Cat, and does a great job.
August 22, 2014
I was never crazy about it as a child. I'm not a cat person and it still isn't anywhere close to one of my favorite Disney movies, but it is sweet and has grown on me over time. Only Disney magic can help somebody like me find beauty in what I consider to be vile creatures in real life. (First viewing - Childhood)