Arn - Riket vid vägens slut (Arn: The Kingdom at Road's End) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Arn - Riket vid vägens slut (Arn: The Kingdom at Road's End) Reviews

June 19, 2017
Recommended. Since it seems to be a series, and a swedish one on top of that, I guess I'll give it a shot.
½ September 16, 2016
everything kingdom of heaven should have been. Better lead actor
Robbanflix
January 2, 2015
A bit better than the first Arn movie mainly because it has more action scenes which is a must in these type of movies. I haven't read the books so i can't really compare but probably the books have more content. Anyway the story of Arn was fun to watch and interesting to follow. Overall well made movies only not quite in level with big hit flicks.
½ March 18, 2014
Worst movie I've ever seen. It couldn't shit on the book more even if it tried. It's a masterpiece in shitting and shaming books. It represents everything that is wrong with book based movies.
August 25, 2013
Not bad, had a good plot to it.
December 30, 2012
Acting, wardrobe, music are all fine, but unfortunately this was not enough to raise the movie to its prequel's level.
The backrounds of the people were not explained to the viewer enough, now the characters remain as if they were strangers. This effect is lessened of course, if the viewer of the film has seen the first movie and hasn't forgotten what happened therein.
The movie was way too long, and it was too slow paced. The slow pace shows really well and this was actually duller than the first Arn film,
which still had some action and interesting vistas to medieval life.
As I stated above, the persons in the movie remained distant and without depth. This made the plot seem empty, I suspect even more so to those who had not read the book or watched the first film at all.
The fights are rather well done, but I only found two fights in the movie.
As if all that wasn't enough, the movie ends sadly - no happy endings.
This would not be a problem otherwise, but in this case it takes away all basis for understanding why those things that happened took place in the first place.
What further erodes the movie's storyline is that since this was basically a love story, there is not enough of it in there because the main characters are away from each other mostly and unconnected until the end. This might not be the case if both movies had been just one movie.
Also, it was rather clear all along that Arn would return to her lady, so there were no surprises there.
However, it remains unclear to me, whether the movie was based on actual incidents that occurred, or whether it was pure fiction. This movie was not awful, it just seemed to move on slowly and rather "purposelessly", at some points.
You could have taken 15 minutes from the first film and about 1 hour and 15 minutes from this second one to join them into one 3 hour movie which would have been much more intense and better.
I mentioned how the first movie described so well what life was like then. Well, this does the same thing very well, but there is one thing that hinders this movie from succeeding in it like the first movie: now all the fine details in that description of medieval life are everything in the movie; its not the story.
Its like there are two parts of a same cool medieval novel turned into a movie, but when they are shown in two parts like this, the whole story appears bland and in the case of this second film, unnecessary and disconnected from the first movie. Despite that I wanted to like this film, it didnt really speak to me.
December 3, 2012
Awesome production, great plot, screenplay and the score was awesome.
½ September 5, 2012
Ligeramente mejor que la anterior. Acá los personajes muestran sus lados más oscuros. Es interesante el hecho de que esta película narra el retorno del héroe. Cierta similutud con el retorno de Odiseo puede encontrarse acá.

Arn sigue siendo el mismo: un personaje más bien unidimensional, bien interpretado, pero no muy interesante.
½ August 13, 2012
Not as bad as I thought it would be but still it feels like it leaves out part of the story etc.
½ April 2, 2012
no new tale 2 tell here but still watchable
January 28, 2012
OK movie, but it could have been so much better. The novels are so much better than the movies. If you've read the books, you'll be disappointed with the movies. If you haven't read the books, the movies will be OK. And why am I repeating myself?
November 17, 2011
I like the two Arn movies as a whole, but I think the first movie is more intresting. The music and surroundings are still very impressing, but the acting and the story fall some levels in this second movie which make this less intresting. It brings nothing new and the dialogues feels more slow. Still, the two Arn movies are one of the best swedish creations ever!
½ November 11, 2011
Bedre og en smule mere realistisk end foerste film. Afsluttende slag inspireret af Azincourt.
½ October 8, 2011
1/10: Though it's dubbed as the sequel, don't be tricked into watching this! It's the EXACT copy of the original and has been recut to include additional 30mins scenes. Even the ending is the same! Wasted my time watching this crap.
September 6, 2011
Couldn't get through all of it
½ September 6, 2011
Nice to see the book turned into visuals. But felt the it doesn't do justice to the book, and it sorta ran out of steam towards the end.
August 19, 2011
A bit less than my expectations. It seem like they ran out of money and in my opinon they should have focused more on the Isreal part. The last 30 mins are pretty boring.
August 14, 2011
Beautiful photography. Unknown actors bring a special touch to the story. Good performances!
July 10, 2011
no tan buena como la primera, pero se ve bastante bien :)
½ June 4, 2011
Well done historical action drama, with a very "Chinese style" ending. Not exactly an uplifting flick. And holly languages, 5 of them!