Around the Bend - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Around the Bend Reviews

August 25, 2015
A movie made for DVD rental only. I think that this film was worth watching. Some funny moments and the acting was pretty good.
July 29, 2015
Just having Caine and Walken in a movie makes it interesting but the script and story is a letdown.
December 5, 2014
Not much new in this one, but how often do you get to see Caine and Walken having fun in the same movie?
September 1, 2014
An OK ending to this horribly scored, 1 1/2 hour KFC commercial.
June 8, 2013
Though Christopher Walken seemed sluggish and out of sorts, the story was really good.
November 13, 2012
This film star two legendary actors who often do films just for the paycheck (Walken & Caine). This is one of those films.
½ July 15, 2012
An experienced cast lifts this "quirky" family drama about redemption just above been there done that, but only just. Walken and Caine, of course, are the standouts.
June 2, 2012
Forget the critics. Listen to me. Better yet, watch this magical movie. The cast listing the name of Michael Caine alone should require a viewing by any movie fan who knows what to watch. Add Christopher Walken and please. Plus this quirky script? It will land in your all time top ten and if it doesn't, then at least a five-star rating. Must see. Enough said.
April 30, 2012
A very quiet and relatively boring movie. Basically a male bonding flik that can't seem to make up it's mind as to what kind of movie it really wanted to be. Weepy drama? Quirky comedy? Dude with Daddy issues? Throw it all in there and hope something sticks! Too bad none of it really does. Plus, we have the typical annoying kid whom doesn't act or talk like any kid I know. He was just a cypher for the plot, and nothing more. At least it was short.
½ April 26, 2012
Never Judge A Film By Its Cover, I have seen this film on the shelves 100 times and passed it up. I'm not a big Christopher Walken Fan, but I do enjoy Michael Caine. So I finally decided to watch this one and what I saw was a very enjoyable movie with a great sound track. About a father (Michael Caine) who only last wish is to see his son (Christopher Walken). Soon after he appears dies and before he dies he leaves his son, grandson and great grandson instructions for a road trip, which makes the movie most enjoyable. The purpose is to get these three back together. All died a fabulous job, 4 1/2 stars 4-21-12
March 5, 2012
I really dig this road flick if you will with dysfunction and regret at the center. I think all the lead roll's are played well and you can tell that every one is trying to get along. a really good story
½ February 8, 2012
I luv movies like this. they're like human journeys of discovery and this 1 was real good. i luved it
January 31, 2012
Pretty slow. They force the issue a bit. Not terrible.
November 29, 2011
well acted and well paced drama about a family trying to heal and fulfill the dead grandparents last wishes. amazing performances esp from the kid the best since jerry maguire or the sixth sense
½ August 13, 2011
A passable little family dramedy with a good cast but it lacks emotional depth and spends too little time on its characters. Michael Caine, the best part of the film, doesn't get nearly as much screen time as he should have.
July 10, 2011
There's a whole lot about this movie that just doesn't work. Its cutout characters that you can't care about, its forced and overly-sentimental story, and the quirky KFC concept. It doesn't pack a punch because it doesn't treat its viewers to any type of authenticity or genuine emotion. Everything comes as you expect, and everything expected you don't give a shit about. It was a misfire from the start, showing us Caine as the quirky grandpa who gets a "woody" for his new nurse. Should've been direct-to-DVD.
May 8, 2011
It was alright--but I wasn't really satisfied with the story's resolution. I was hoping for more.
April 29, 2011
Pretty great movie, but kinda forgettable. for fans of Christopher Walken this is a must.
February 27, 2011
Walken is terrific, as usual. I thought the soundtrack added a lot to this movie. This is exactly the type of film that critics drool on themselves over and it has 29% at Rotten Tomatoes. Go figure. I guess that's more evidence that my opinion of film critics is pretty accurate. This one is exceptional.
February 24, 2011
On this marquee for the film festival. We were able to obtain ewhat is now a rare copy of th DVD, as it is out of print, or so we have bern told. Cindy, our Physical Therapist, rated it very highly. Pls...turn off cell phones.