Around the World in 80 Days Reviews

• Jul 11, 2019

Jackie Chan as the lead. Steve Coogan as the comic sidekick. Works for me.

Jackie Chan as the lead. Steve Coogan as the comic sidekick. Works for me.

• Mar 19, 2019

Disney during the early 2000s was not what you would call a good time for the company. This film is evidence of the downslide they were experiencing during this trying time. The story seems to rush through the various locations it spotlights, giving little to no thought in truly fleshing out any characters or destinations. I understand that attempting to showcase every major center on a trip that large would make this movie much longer, but the way they traverse the globe seems like they are more interested in throwing in as many cameos as possible without giving these actors any time to truly shine. Jackie Chan is the true star of this movie as he takes center stage with his athleticism, fight choreography and adorable abuse of the English language. Everyone else is just a character in this Jackie Chan film, but Schwarzenegger does come close to overshadowing this performance with his magnetism and overall celebrity. This is a fun movie to watch and should be enjoyed with family.

• Nov 06, 2018

This film was unwatchable.

This film was unwatchable.

• Oct 27, 2018

The problem with this movie is that it took a fun story and turned it into a slapstick comedy with none of the wit of the original story

• Sep 17, 2018

A bit of a guilty pleasure of mine, Around the World in 80 Days has its problems such as unimportant bad CGI and some of the jokes fall flat on their faces but the sense of adventure, Jackie Chan's performance and a heartwarming song make this movie much better, in my eyes, than people give it credit for.

• Jul 02, 2018

How to ruin a classic? Tell Jackie Chan it will be recreated as a set peice for his multiple martial arts scenes. Boring and too fast paced, the film doesn't work on any level after quite a fun opening scene. Cameo from Arnie is to be fair, superb.

• Apr 16, 2018

As someone who has never read the original book, I think that just based on the movie itself, it is one of the best movies I've seen. I don't understand how it could get only a 31% on the tomatometer

• Mar 14, 2018

Le seul point fort, en dehors de Jackie Chan, de cette nouvelle itération du Tour du Monde en 80 Jours est le casting de caméos, tous plus sympathiques les uns que les autres. Cela ne suffit bien évidemment pas à en faire un bon film, mais comme chaque séquence est articulée autour d'un acteur connu venu faire l'abruti avec Jackie Chan (qui choisir entre Daniel Wu, Sammo Hung, Michaël Youn, Arnold Schwarzenegger ou les frères Owen et Luke Wilson?), les deux heures passent un peu plus vite que prévues, surtout avec une réalisation aussi impersonnelles, des effets spéciaux aussi nuls et Steve Coogan très mal casté dans le rôle principal, à l'image de Cécile de France, son love interest. Les gags sont nuls, l'histoire n'a aucun poids, Jackie Chan n'a que très peu d'occasion de se montrer drôle et de combattre (tout en faisant le maximum à chaque fois)... Avec un scénario plus consistant, il y avait matière, pourtant...

• Feb 05, 2018

People were expecting way too serious a movie. This is nothing more than a really amusing, goofy fun kind of kids movie. It's got a good amount of familiar Jackie Chan sequences, and it's pretty humorous besides. I also appreciate the emphasis on scientific enthusiasm and truth in the face of corruption. It's a good movie with a good message.

• Jan 27, 2018

Far better than the reviews might suggest. Around the World in 80 Days is a silly, entertaining adventure movie. If you watch it, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.