Arrancáme la vida - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Arrancáme la vida Reviews

½ February 1, 2012
Wonderful acting from the lead cast....brilliant cinematography..... tastefully done
January 21, 2012
Impeccably produced, beautifully photographed, great performance from Gimà (C)nez Cacho and a great storyline. It is an example of a more evolved Mexican filmmaking and an inspiration to continue supporting projects like this.
August 3, 2011
Arrancame la vida is a good adaptation of Angeles Mastretta's book by the same name which I read years ago. A story about corruption, power, and love in 1940's Mexico. Good film.
June 23, 2011
another period piece drama with a love triangle at its centre.
March 21, 2011
This film has everything and has it in spades. Perfect - one of the best films I've ever seen.
March 21, 2011
Amazing film. Very entertaining with some funny moments. This was made extra special as the first film I've managed to watch at the Viva Festival.
January 14, 2011
A sweet way to tell a story in the middle of some disgusting political facts. I felt divided between the woman's story and the boring on going story of corruption in politics. A really nice film to enjoy.
November 21, 2010
A window into what it's like to be a woman in heart, mind and body. With the Mexican Revolution at its backdrops, at a time and place where the term 'machismo' was born to describe the Ultimate Male, the book of Angeles Mastretta revoluitionises the traditional female representations, and offers an insight into the complexities of a woman's psyche. The film follows in the same tradition and it's for this reason invaluable. Fabulous and full of life grace.
½ September 2, 2010
Bonita producción mexicana, cuando se hacen bien las cosas se nota la calidad. Los sets, el vestuario, maquillaje y actuaciones son destacables, la historia se le podría sacar más emoción así como al papel de Taviara que para mi se quedó muy corto. Un bien intencionado largometraje.
June 23, 2010
No se acerca ni un poco a lo que el libro expresa realmente. Hay mucho despliegue de escenografía y locaciones pero el contenido resulta muy resumido y el relato se hace muy lineal.
May 3, 2010
=) Buenos Recuerdos!
mvieaddict
½ February 28, 2010
Mexican movie Arrancame La Vida,based on the novel of a young woman Catalina that was attracted by a much older man, Andres Ascencio. They got married, even against her father's will. Catalina was not prepared for her new life and her new status. Andres, an ambitious man,was running for governor of the state.Catalina, a smart but young lady, dedicated her youth to her husband.She went from a young girl to a high society lady, but complicated her life when she fell in love with an Orchestra director Carlos. Andres was portrait by Daniel Jimenez Cacho, a wonderful Mexican actor that delivered a great acting.The movie was worth seeing and was very enjoyable.
February 3, 2010
Best adaptation possible from the Angeles Mastretta's book with the same title, honours the strong will, beauty and wit of Catalina, during Mexico post Revolucion, and her passion for two men, one she regrets to being tied to and another she will miss forever. Best Art Direction in a movie, seen recently brings to the present the glam of the privileged, the music, the wardrobe of an era.
A must see.
January 8, 2010
Grandes actuaciones. La gracia, la valentía y la inteligencia de las mujeres....me encanta !!!!!
December 27, 2009
Buenisima, no es de romantica, habla de la vida y la avaricia, y las mujeres valientes.
November 19, 2009
Muy bien hecha. Me gusto. Sobre todo Ana Claudia Talancón. PERO... no pasa de ser la historia de una vieja que le pone los cuernos a su marido.
En mi rancho les dicen WILAS...
September 17, 2009
Five million bucks is a huge budget as far as the Mexican movie industry is concerned. The 2008 historical drama Arrancame mi Vida, thankfully, doesn't waste a single peso of that amount, meticulously recreating post-revolutionary Mexico in this coming-of-age tale of a military wife with early feminist leanings. Based on the novel by celebrated Mexican author Angeles Mastretta, the film rollercoasters through 15 years of success, tragedy, adultery. politicking and murder. Sweeping in scope yet poignantly personal, this is a wonderful example of how deep pockets need not suck the soul from a picture; highly recommended!
September 16, 2009
excellente. el cine mexicano empieza a resurgir con producto tan bueno como en el pasado
½ September 7, 2009
Me encanto solo k el audio :S pero la peli esta buena:D
August 12, 2009
hello honey
i really love it and always you make me happy
i really think you are the woman of my life and i will love to spend the rest of my life with you
i have to tell you something love you are the girl i have been dreaming to have since
if you say yes to my proposal,then i will be the man of you life
you said something about theatre..i love going to theatre and will love to be ther with you sometime to come
my love i will be travelling to afrika very soon and as soon as i get there i will let you know
and if i return from my trip i will come over to you so that we can get married
i am going there for business which i can gather money to marry you
i hope you will permit me my love
i dont want to loose you my love ,so i will get married to you as soon as i come back from my trip...i love you and hope to hear from you my love i wish happy to have you email thank you