Arrival Reviews

• 48m ago

Arrival takes a great approach to the alien contact concept. It showcases the flaws of humanity and also the intricacies of linguistics. The cast, while small, works incredibly well together and creates some awesome chemistry. The soundtrack is a crazy orchestral soundtrack that creates a duper dramatic feeling for most scenes. The end of the movie deals with some really complex conceptual sci-fi kind of stuff but instead of treating it like an actual sci-fi it instead takes on this much more serious tone. I feel like the main character deteriorates by the end of the film in comparison to her start as well. Solid but generally not quite compelling enough to draw in the audience.

• 4d ago

Keeps you infront of the screen just waiting for what is going to happen , the mistery in this movie is asweome , i give 4 stars because they dont explain what is the gift

• Jun 12, 2019

The spectacle isn't enough to keep my interest, fell asleep during this movie that just continues to drag on.

• Jun 10, 2019

I could get over the parts of "Blade Runner: 2049" that lagged, but this movie lacks excitement big time. It's very thought provoking and well-made, but "Prisoners" really remains the only Villenueve movie that I think doesn't have a huge issue with being slow and meandering. This movie doesn't have the scope and mythology of Blade Runner to excuse the fact that it will be boring to many.

• Jun 02, 2019

Honestly one of the most boring and hard to follow films I've ever seen. The high rating for this film baffles me, it was just awful. The film consisted entirely of scenes of Amy Adams talking to these mysterious aliens, but you can't actually see them, and the film is full of some bullshit about her daughter and was just so boring. I've had more fun watching children's programmes. The ending was the most confusing and ridiculous ending I've ever seen. Don't waste your time with this. I watched this film anticipating an action-packed sci-fi film full of tension and suspense, but was left with sheer boredom and found myself wondering when the good part starts throughout the entire film. Not one bit of action or suspense, just utter confusion. Most overrated shit I've ever seen in my life.

• Jun 01, 2019

Enchanting and Awesome!!! A must watch movie

Enchanting and Awesome!!! A must watch movie

• May 29, 2019

Can't say that a sci-fi movie has managed to keep my attention the same way this movie has since Interstellar. I can understand why Denis Villeneuve is considered one of the best directors of the 2010's. The story and build-up are terrific, the performances are great, the script is intelligent with more of a reliance of showing rather than telling, the themes are thought-provoking and the twist is an incredible mind-blowing one that doesn't spoon feed the details to the audience. This is why I have something of a soft spot for these thought-provoking sci-fi movies.

• May 29, 2019

Finally an alien movie where they are the good guys helping us in our dysfunctional state. No senseless shooting and blowing up space ships...only healthy exchange of advanced knowledge and a touch of good old fashioned love. Good job.

• May 29, 2019

Possibly the best film of 2016. An immersive experience, you really feel the impact of everything and it's very thought provoking in a variety of ways. Not preachy even though it could've been. Just more matter of fact, glean from it what you can.

• May 27, 2019

The very high scores by critics and the audience score are beyond me. I patiently watched the film to the end, but not really much happens, a long winded get to know each other and "learn my language" - The fact that is it so hyped (plus Oscars) shows in what bad state the movie-business is in. Or constant action movies or movies that try very hard to be relevant, but often are not. At the end, when you have arrived at the end, it is not worth your time!