Arson Inc. Reviews

• Aj V Super Reviewer
    Mar 24, 2013

This is an interesting look at arson and firefighters, a pretty good story as well as an educational movie. I think it could have been better if it refined the story more, though.

• Jul 01, 2010

Not much going for this one at all. Lame performances (including one of my big pet peeves, bad drunk acting), limp humor, very formulaic, and the film goes to ridiculous and embarassing lengths to establish its hero, Robert Lowery, as an irresistible hunk. In the right hands, the climax could have been amazing, instead it ges squandered with lousy pacing. I'd say the only noteworthy element is Edward Brophy's amusing role as the maniac firebug, but even that is wasted, and ends up being too restrained to be very compelling. Blah.

• Bruce B Super Reviewer
    Jan 03, 2009

Black & White movie from 1949 which is not all that bad, it starts off like a educational film but turns into a great movie, or main actor Robert Lowery who plays Fireman Joe Martin undercover did a excellent job along with Edward Brophy. Lowery played Batman at one time and Brophy who was a riot in this movie went on to play, Mickey Mouse High Pitch voice. In this movie its about a insurance man who helps people torch and get the insurance money for it and he gets a cut, But good looking Joe Martin saves the day and rounds up this bunch of match throwing idiots. It comes in a 2 pack with Loan Shark, Both movies together are a evening treat and worth getting.