Art of the Prank - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Art of the Prank Reviews

December 4, 2017
Art of the Prank is a great movie that makes you question and think, what else have I fallen for? And its great for some laughs too.
November 1, 2017
A great behind the scenes look at America's greatest prankster. And the movie itself is part of a massive prank! Skaggs is a genius.
October 31, 2017
I truly enjoyed watching this! It reminded me of the good old days, but most importantly, it made me more conscious of what's really happening with the media. A must see!
October 30, 2017
This film is awesome . i totally fell in love with joeys art .
½ October 30, 2017
Loved it!! Brilliant, Funny and very clever---just what you'd expect from the unique mind of Joey Skaggs !! Put it on your 'must see' list.
October 30, 2017
Wonderfully funny takedown of the media - ahead of its time. Totally original and mindbending!
October 30, 2017
Skaggs has mocked and bamboozled the Media with "Fake News" for 50 years in the in interest of truth and accuracy. His antics bring to mind the old Mark Twain quote: "The glory which is built upon a lie soon becomes a most unpleasant incumbrance. ... How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and how hard it is to undo that work again!"
October 29, 2017
Unusual doc about an unusual guy, Joey Skaggs, legendary media hoaxer and prankster. You'll be happy you watched it; it's amusing all the way. Starts with his work in the 60s in downtown New York when Skaggs first turned his art into political performance and traces his path over the next 40 years in changing times. Lots of archive footage tell a complete and compelling story.
October 29, 2017
What a marvelous movie! The construct is terrific: instead of doing just a "greatest hits" compendium of Joey Skaggs' pranks that fooled print and TV reporters (of which there are plenty in the movie), the documentary morphs into a close-up of a Joey prank which is a fake documentary that fooled the festival cinema crowd. The pace is great and the laughs are heartfelt. I saw the flick with a pal who thought this was not a good time to cast reporting in a negative light considering the present hostile environment created by Trump. I say, fear not, oh defenders of the fourth estate! This movie is a great tonic against all that madness. I wish everyone sees it - they will experience a wonderfully apolitical HILARIOUS treatise on what fake news REALLY is all about.
October 29, 2017
Watching the Art of the Prank was a totally joy inducing experience. Marini takes us through 30+ years of the career and times of Joey Skaggs, performance artist, provocateur, culture jammer, and media hoax extraordinaire, in what is a fascinating study of not only Mr. Skaggs artistry but also a haunting look at how our current systems of information are warped and easily manipulated. While this documentary is a highly entertaining journey about the life and art of Joey Skaggs, more aptly it reflects how broken and unreliably modern media outlets are. Thoroughly enjoyed this. Highly recommend it. I laughed, I cried. It was better than "Cats".
October 26, 2017
Entertaining and very fun to watch!
October 26, 2017
Very interesting movie for journalists in training