Art School Confidential - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Art School Confidential Reviews

August 15, 2013
I liked it. It was really entertaining from the start. Very interesting story great acting.
½ August 13, 2013
This is a humorous and intriguing film exploring the world of art, success and fame. Starring Max Minghella (The Social Network, 2010) as Jerome who is struggling with how to become a successful artist and win the girl of his dreams Audrey (Sophia Miles, Underworld, 2003). He gives a good performance alongside a great cast, which includes John Malkovich (Being John Malkovich) who also produced the film, in the role of the eccentric and egocentric possibly gay art tutor. This film may seem predictable, but that is the genius, it beautifully plays with all the art school and college student stereotypes with hilarious and authentic effect. Overall I found this a surprisingly funny and familiar film.
½ April 7, 2013
I don't remember this at all.
½ March 10, 2013
Based around a funny premise and the pretentious art scenes were hilarious but the story made little sense.
February 11, 2013
Not a good movie. I can't stan those american pie scenes, it drives me mad and forces to shut the computeer down. There were even no interesting art scenes as the movie titled suggested. Not worth watching at all.
½ February 6, 2013
Disappointing is the word. Flat is the feeling.
January 31, 2013
Man, I wanted to like this skewering of the exploiters who claim to teach art, but the filmmakers didn't trust their own instincts enough, their own vision ... and so added some lame-o bit about a murderer on campus to "liven things up". Too bad. Nonetheless, their are some good performances, particularly Jim Broadbent as the undiscovered artist gestating in murky void, and Sophia Myles as "the muse" (what else?).
January 13, 2013
Max Minghella's best one!
½ December 25, 2012
this is one of those fucked up comedies that i love. just like fargo. this movie is one reason that i think can start coming back.
½ December 21, 2012
I like the movie, however there is a lot going on that just doesnt help the film. Great in concept, but not as good of an actual film as Ghost World and a bit too played out.
cosmo313
December 11, 2012
I like Zwigoff, so this could be good.
December 7, 2012
Looks interesting will try to find and watch!
November 5, 2012
i really enjoyed this film, just my type of humor in it, and it also had some touching moments in it. it wasa very original film.
½ October 28, 2012
Art School Confidential is a juvenile, poorly written muddled mess of a movie that lacks any of the charm or wit others in the 'high school/college movie' genre have panned out previously. I added an extra star both because I might be biased due to actually having attended art school and because I couldn't sit through the entire movie. What I can say is that it offers a very cynical, one-dimensional view of art as an institution that never quite comes through as satire but instead as ignorance.
½ October 23, 2012
terrible,stupid,disturbed,
not enjoyable,soul-less
October 9, 2012
UGH. It's like two different, uninspired themes fighting with each other for airtime. It's weird, ugly, and not worth your time.
October 3, 2012
Strange plot. Interesting movie. Didn't know exactly what the point of the film was.
September 28, 2012
Highly disappointed.
September 23, 2012
wish theyda let me have drawing in school(mine were too scary).
½ September 18, 2012
So accurately captures the madness of art school and the insanity of the art world - loved it