Arthur 2: On the Rocks - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Arthur 2: On the Rocks Reviews

½ December 13, 2014
Why did they have to piss on a classic?????
October 19, 2014
I love that they have a second arthur movie. But now arthur and Linda are trying to adopt a baby. Don't like the idea by Arthur and Linda are trying to adopt a kid. Cute kid. Terrible....
January 9, 2014
good movie to put you asleep..loved the first one..but on this one the plot is just so boring and arthur seems to not have much of the charm and good jokes he had in the first
½ December 18, 2013
Dudley Moore's charms have all dried up by Arthur 2: On the Rocks, and by this point his performance is merely a rehash and nothing more than just the dying spirit of the great character Arthur once was as he gradually dies in this sequel.
Arthur 2: On the Rocks suffers the same way that all sequels tend to: its crap. It could have taken its decent premise in the right direction but it didn't. It just flooded the film with flat and unoriginal jokes, as well as a distinct lack of direction from Bud Yorkin who clearly is an inexperienced filmmaker that can't realise a poor quality script even when Andy Breckman dangled it right in front of him, and so as he tries to piece together what he can from the lack of jokes and poor storytelling, but cannot. He cannot because he doesn't know a thing about directing a film, and he is working with crappy sequel material.
Alfie 2: On the Rocks is painfully unfunny and boring to watch, and reminds us that all good things must come to an end, such as Dudley Moore's career which died out in the years following this abysmal and laugh-free comedy.
Liza Minelli's excessive energy gets tiring extremely fast because she's excessively optimistic for a person who can't have a child and just lost $750,000,000. And its not even funny. And since Arthur 2: On the Rocks is supposedly a comedy, this is a serious problem. Liza Minelli is a problem in Arthur 2: On the Rocks, and her performance is a monotonous and excessively energetic one which drags down the tone of the film when it could have been moving.
Really, Arhur 2: On the Rocks is more of a joke than any of the jokes in the film, and finding them is more difficult than finding the loch ness monster. But don't even bother trying if you liked the first Arthur, because this laugh free sequel is depressingly dull.
September 12, 2013
What a train wreck. It was nice to see Sir John Gielgud's face, but I had to fast-forward through the movie to get there, because it was painfully unfunny. Avoid this like the plague unless you can get it free on demand.
August 2, 2013
Yes very rocky indeed. A better theme song might have carried it a bit further!
½ May 22, 2013
An idiotic sequel that shouldn't have been made.
February 15, 2013
Decent Sequel, Dudley Moore is funny, its let down by an over sentimental ending. Still not as bad as a film people make out it is.
January 4, 2013
Dudley Moore disowned this film for a very good reason.
½ December 3, 2012
Arthur 2: On the Rocks was a good sequel that was honestly not as good Arthur. However, it was an entertaining film that remained very faithful to it's brilliant predecessor.
½ October 19, 2012
It's not as good as the first but i still love the character.
September 23, 2012
I used to like this one more then the first, recently having watched them it's not bad - but the first is a lot funnier!
August 27, 2012
Lightning doesn't strike twice as this sequel falls completely flat on its face. A lot of the same from the first movie, but somewhat different in tone. Even Geilgud's ghostly appearance in this movie can't save this film. But I enjoyed it.
July 29, 2012
Not so bad like everybody say, Arthur 2 is very inferior from the 1981 hit. At least Dudley Moore, with luck and funny charm save this sequel.
May 12, 2012
Wasn't as good as the first one.
½ November 23, 2011
Funny! Elizabeth Taylor is the best!
November 16, 2011
Ties in great with the first movie in my opinion.
½ November 9, 2011
I have mixed feelings about this film. It's not as good as the classic original of course, but with more heavily emotional content, not that the first one didn't have that. With time this film became more of a favorite among people.
August 8, 2011
Awesome movie like the first one, the graphics were better... It a wonderful movie! Dudley Moor...
August 1, 2011
This has to be one of the most underated films ever made I mean look at the flixter ratings! That is just a bit harsh I must say I think that it is the best Arthur film around, the story I thought was quite good along with the acting just a really good follow up film all around, I like that it was not one of those follow up's were they put in new actors and actress I do not think that it would have been as good if they had done that, all around this is a great film! That I do suggest!