Aspen Extreme - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Downhiller cult classic.
January 25, 2016
BEST MOVIE OF THE 90'S
May 31, 2015
Il n'y a rien de bien vilain dans Aspen Extreme, en dehors de son titre trouvé par un Américain pré-pubère. Il n'y a pas non plus grand-chose de bien mémorable dans ce drame retraçant le parcours de deux habitants bons à rien de Detroit qui décident d'aller faire fortune à Aspen et qui tombent dans un monde bien moins accueillant qu'il n'y paraît au premier abord. On enchaîne donc tous les clichés du genre avec grand plaisir et on laisse Paul Gross, Peter Berg et Finola Hughes faire leur maximum pour garder le spectateur éveillé. Le tout marche plutôt pas mal mais manque cruellement d'intérêt et d'ambition pour être plus qu'un divertissement honnête et sympathique.
January 24, 2015
all I can say is he should have taken the brunette.
July 21, 2014
Great movie. Bryce is a dime, Dex is a bit whiney but ends up redeeming himself. The action shots are actually awesome even though it's a 1993 movie. They also have 1 scene of an old snowboarder shredding that gnar gnar.
January 10, 2014
Understand this is a "B-Movie Drama Shot on Ski Slopes" and you may come away surprised by the serious plot devices, the powerful score, and passable acting. 22% critics rating? There are some cheesy moments, but that's a terrible gauge for what this film accomplished considering all the underlying factors.
January 3, 2014
Amazing movie! They weren't kidding when they called Aspen Extreme the "Top Gun" of the ski slopes. Offering a mix of Teri Polo's grace and Pete Berg's raw motion, Aspen Extreme grabs you by the shirt and doesn't let go until the credits roll. Finally let's not forget that 1980s action sports pioneers Scot Schmidt and Doug Coombs come included in this magical package for FREE. The TJ Burke show won't disappoint. Five Starts!!
December 1, 2013
This is a very good buddy movie about two childhood friends that decide to head to Aspen, Colorado to pursue a different life. Once there, they try out for the Aspen Ski School and make it as instructors. Dex (Peter Berg) loves the idea of the bachelor life while they live in an old train car down by a mountain creek, but it's T.J. (Paul Gross) who dreams of being a writer. T.J. becomes torn between a wealthy woman of Aspen who has her eye on young fresh men of the area, and a local radio jockey that has truly stolen his heart. His battle between the woman who may help pay is way to writing and the radio jockey Robin whom he loves spirals out of control to the point of almost losing her and his best friend Dex. Through breath taking mountain views and amazing skiing, Aspen Extreme has truly become a favorite of mine.
½ February 18, 2012
It Really is just like Top Gun but with Snow and Drugs. I really liked it
December 25, 2011
I loved this movie. Great buddy pic, gritty and real in places, hot women, good ski scenes. I do feel gypped that the babes in bikinis shot from the preview isn't in the movie. It also has Paul Gross, whom I love in anything he does.
November 5, 2010
Nice looking skiing and a young Paul Gross can't help to make this a good movie, plus needless nudity drops the score even more.
June 23, 2010
One of the few movies from my childhood I've bought and kept.
April 10, 2010
so '90s ... and I must say the story resembles TOP GUN !
½ March 29, 2010
This is a okay movie. It stars Paul Gross and Peter Berg as best friends who are ski instructors and who also enjoy going down extreme slopes that most skiers would not touch. The film has a love triangle, skiers, friendship triangles and more skiers. The acting is solid. There are many scenes of the skiers going down large mountains that any ski fan would love to watch. The story is a bit predictable. But this may be worth a one time watch for any Paul Gross or Peter Berg fans.
February 1, 2010
This movie takes itself way too seriously, it's basically Hot Dog The Movie without the comedy and loads of soap opera quality drama. I watch it but only because i'm a fan of the genre.
January 16, 2010
THIS IS A MUST SEE!! Two best friends move to Aspen (Beautifull Country) And Beacome ski instructors ..
They Battel Druggs And Tragedy !!! I Rilly Digg This Film !!
December 5, 2009
Great skiing flick ...if you're into it.
October 14, 2009
LOVE SKIING AND I LOVED THIS MOVIE ALWAYS WATCH IT BEFORE SKI SEASON
½ September 15, 2009
** (out of four)

Fairly bland and forgettable film about two guys who are bored so they decide to pursue their dream of being skiing instructors in Aspen.
½ August 28, 2009
Lots and lots of skiing =D