Assault of the Party Nerds 2: The Heavy Petting Detective Reviews

• Sep 05, 2009

Heavy Petting Detective (or Assault of the Party Nerds 2) takes place 5 years after the original film, where Ritchie (returning Richard Gabai who also wrote and directed again as well) is now a private detective who reveals cheating couples. Muffin (my goddess Michelle Bauer returning thankfully) got back with Bud (returning C. Paul Dempsey) and are now unhappily married. Bud and Chip work together to steal the Law firm from Muffin and her daddy while Bambi (returning Linnea Quigley) has to live the "bad life" of working a real job while sleeping with every potential sugar daddy in hopes of striking it rich again. Meanwhile, there's a story involving Ritchie's newest girlfriend and her job at the law firm. Overall, you can definitely feel that this film is a great continuation of the original film, however the story falters, even if its just a campy comedy. The biggest problem is having way too many things going on. There are too many side stories to keep up with that don't really pan out well at the end. Trust me, there's LOTS I've left out intentionally so that I can continue on with this review. This one also seems to be less funny than the original film. Luckily though, both the great Bauer and Quigley have decent sex scenes with some good nudity! Overall, not as good as the first, but it was alright I guess.