Assault On Wall Street - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Assault On Wall Street Reviews

August 28, 2016
Made for TV movie that just about rates better than the average one. There is decent action that keeps you gripped for the duration.
May 29, 2016
This is the only Uwe Boll movie that i haven't watched in fast forward and watched all the way through to the end.
½ April 17, 2016
Boll rehashes Rampage with more character depth and less gunplay. It's an absurdly unrealistic and clunky b-movie that's trying too hard but it deserves on Oscar compared to the unwatchable dreck he used to pump out.
April 3, 2016
This movie is one of the best ones I've watched so far. I can't believe why it has so many negative reviews! The time went so fast while watching it because I was so interested, and was feeling the things the character went through. Go watch it!

5/5 STAR!
½ March 23, 2016
Ignoring the issues with the plot, the acting is incredible and the director does a great job of using emotional appeals
½ March 2, 2016
Oh, this was directed by Uwe Boll?
No wonder it was horrendous!!
February 17, 2016
sad to admit that this is not the best movie. I really like the premise. but it is slow, just a lot of weak dialogue, and Dominic looking smug, but a certain level of satisfaction fell over me when those swindlers got taken out. The same feeling I got when I watched Paparazzi.
½ February 12, 2016
One of the worst movies I've ever seen. I've seen a lot of movies and by far this is the worst. Terrible acting , horrible plot and just boring all around another trash movie by uwe. Rate 0.0/10
February 6, 2016
Wait... did Uwe Boll make a film I not only like... but is actually decent? Fuck! Well it's been a long time since Boll butchered House of the Dead but as his films have continued to be made so his skill has increased. Assault on Wall Street may very well be the best film he's ever done (I haven't seen all of them yet). While that may not be saying much, Assault on Wall Street goes one level further by actually being entertaining and half decent. This is no Taxi Driver (though it does want to be) but Purcell puts a good performance and the story (though it beats you over the head) manages to make sense and work. If I had to recommend an Uwe Boll film... this would be it. Extra half star for being plesantly surprised.
½ December 23, 2015
Loved this movie. Why hasn't America awakened to the terrible crimes committed on Wall Street? I do not condone violence but there is a time for revenge. See this movie.
November 12, 2015
Eh wtf the best part is the end of the movie yo soy guapo ~~~
November 3, 2015
Terrible. The worst. I kept skipping forward. Couldn't be more forced, uninteresting, cliche, and unrealistic. Did they leave any casualty out of Jim's life? Why not throw in a war vet with flashbacks and a father who abused him along with that kitchen sink. From the outset you can just feel the doom and gloom as death, debt, and divorce (well, could have thrown that in too) pile up alongside Wall Street greed. Not much talk of the real culprit in the 2008 collapse, the main enabler: government. It couldn't be more one dimensional, obvious, predictable, and unworthy of viewership. And the ending, seriously? Wow! who wrote this garbage? a high schooler?
November 1, 2015
Very Satisfying and cathartic.
October 6, 2015
This movie is actually really good.. I thought it was going to be really hokey like many people are reviewing it but it seems many people didn't like it because it wasn't hokey.. this movie is very real.. its a portrait of what happened to real people and for all the dickheads who liked wolf of wallstreet, this is the other side of the coin. This guy believed in society. He did everything he thought he was supposed to do that we are all lead to do when we grow up, get a job, get married, start a retirement plan and no one ever tells you the specifics of what youre doing.. the fact that people weren't "entertained" enough by this movie just shows how stupid you really are.. youre missing the point..
June 20, 2015
Not certain why Uwe Boll gets such a bad rap. His movies, while not great or important films, are mostly watchable and to be enjoyed for their low brain usage entertainment charms. Here Dominic Purcell, a security worker at a Brinks-like company, gets run through the mill while losing his fortune, his house and his wife (who is ill and commits suicide instead of adding more to the bills). He's gotta take it out on someone. Watch out Wall Street tycoons. Personally, I thought he should have done his attorney too.
May 30, 2015
very good film about the corruption of American Capitalism...Hurray for a hero.
May 7, 2015
At last, a movie where the good guy wins.
April 18, 2015
They spent the first 2/3rds of the movie showing how tortured he is by the financial institution, all so they can justify him going on a rampage, shooting any random guy that wears a suit.

But they could have just started with that because, financial trouble doesn't justify shooting any random guy in a suit that works downtown. Lots of those people he killed may have not even been associated with the financial industry let alone responsible for causing anybody financial hardship.
And not to mention, plenty of people that work in the financial industry are completely good intentioned and don't hurt anybdy.

So the entire, boring, slow moving, soggy first half of the movie was completely pointless.

The only part that makes any sense is when he researches and tracks down a few fat cats and snipes them. This makes sense because those people consciously sacrificed a great deal of people's financial well being for their own financial benefit and walked away scott free. So you get a little satisfaction from that.

But in general the movie was fairly pointless.
½ January 13, 2015
Tries to be smart by throwing in a core concept of economics and political stuff. Ends up being a slow, stupid drama with a few bullets in the end.
December 27, 2014
I wanted this movie to be better. It could have cut a lot of the beginning of the movie out. We get it already.