Assaulted: CIVIL Rights Under Fire - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Assaulted: CIVIL Rights Under Fire Reviews

May 11, 2014
A great documentary explaining what has happened and now is currently happening, they really brought the facts out on this one, I suggest everyone watch it and to do your research. Instead of watching that really doesn't matter, watch something that might educate you on reality.
October 29, 2013
Excellent documentary about gun control.
October 2, 2013
This is one of the best movies that I have seen that discusses the Second Amendment. I actually consider the listing of Ted Nugent a negative since he was well behaved in his cameo appearance and was only interviewed for a few minutes. Wayne Lapierre and the NRA go virtually unmentioned during the entire movie.

Instead the movie focuses on the use of firearms to defend homes during the LA Rodney King riots, Hurricane Katrina and the illegal gun confiscation, and the Battle for Athens Georgia. This is a must see movie.
October 1, 2013
Just watched "Assaulted: Civil Rights Under Fire", a film project I backed on Kickstarter. I felt it was a pretty good documentary with one flaw. While the information is good and interesting the film will mostly only appeal to those that already agree with it's message and strengthen their resolve. I suspect it is not impartial or objective enough to appeal to those that are pro gun control. There is enough information in it to make a pro gun control person rethink their position, but getting them to sit through the film is unlikely. And that is a real target missed. But I give it 4 stars anyway since I did learn some historical things I didn't know from watching it.
September 30, 2013
Finally, a solid program on the Second Amendment. Excellent history and engaging stories of the law and the use of firearms in the United States.
September 30, 2013
This film is a great look into the second amendment. I would highly recommend it to anyone.
½ September 30, 2013
No documentary I've ever seen is neutral. All take a position. Other reviewers miss this point. For counterpoints or other arguments, viewers would be best served by sampling a variety of material. However, for what this film sets out to do, namely highlight the disparity between the state's and the individual's access to defensive technology, and how political elites seek for themselves what they hope to deny to you and me (for often nefarious and abhorrent purposes, like promoting oppression, racism, and even slavery), it absolutely does it. Resist giving credence to the trivial complaints that it should be the end-all-be-all of the debate. No film does that.
August 4, 2013
Eye opening, presents the arguments in support of the Second Amendment and the history in a relevant manner. Ice_T nailed the narration, perfect!
July 21, 2013
Great movie! It's only preaching to the choir if the rest of the world refuses to come see the truth in this film. There is little that can be done for those that are determined to wallow in there ignorance and prejudice!
July 6, 2013
Worth watching. It has many facts that many people don't know. I'd bet that 98%+ have never heard of the 1946 Battle of Athens in Tennessee. I don't remember hearing of it until a year or two ago. Support the NRA and the Second Amendment Foundation while there is still a chance to save our RIGHTS guaranteed in our Constitution.
July 6, 2013
I was expecting a bit of red neck attitude but was treated to a very I intellig
ent , educational and thought provoking view on gun laws and our civil rights.
it reaffirmed my concerns as well as give me more talking points to speak to Anti gun people. Being reminded how quickly our society can break down I am once again glad we keep a bug out bag in both our cars...
Everyone in this country on both sides of the fence should see this film.

My only question .... NRA .. Where are you ? You should be backing this film with some of that money I donate to your cause.
July 6, 2013
This movie should be seen by everyone in America. This is a no holds barred attempt to point out the stupidity of those who decry that more gun restrictions on law abiding citizens will do nothing to curb violence or crime in America and I fell they do a great job of that. Assaulted also presents the case that gun ownership is a "civil right" and I think that the history lesson they present makes that point clear. It's a film I highly recommend for gun owners to take a liberal, progressive gun grabber with you to see. Tell your friend or co-worker who thinks that more gun laws will stop violence to this movie with the promise of a dinner after words and it just may set them straight.
July 5, 2013
Good movie. FAIR. Doesn't play politics with the issue.
July 5, 2013
This movie to me is one that needs to be viewed by everyone that feels the Second Amendment is no longer viable. If once you see how fast society can breakdown after a natural or man-made disaster and become lawless not only by the populace but also by those supposedly in authority over us ie; New Orleans during and after Katrina where law enforcement appeared completely out of control, you had better think twice.
July 5, 2013
A must see for all. It's not just a "preaching to the choir" kind of film but rather a highly educational and entertaining look at our history using modern events rather than just our founding history.
July 3, 2013
I wasn't sure what to expect. Unlike most cinema, the movie asked questions that I had not even pondered. Nice to see something new and original and relevant.
½ July 3, 2013
Well done on information about the history of the 2A. If you want to know how our government has suppressed our rights overall this is an eye opener
June 30, 2013
This is about as objective a documentary on modern second Amendment issues as we are ever likely to see - the film features interviews with leading figures from both sides of the pro-2A movement, as well as gun control advocates from organizations like the Brady Campaign.
You may wonder what I mean by "both sides of the pro-2A movement", so I'll explain. There is the much caricatured "angry red neck gun toter" side, as represented by people like Ted Nugent, as well as the less often acknowledged progressive side, as represented by gay, minority, and female gun rights groups.
A large part of the film is dedicated to using historical examples to show that gun ownership is an important civil right, and why it needs to be an important part of every campaign to protect other civil rights.
June 27, 2013
Everyone that is even remotely pro 2A needs to see this film!
June 25, 2013
Saw this in Bakersfield. Not showing everywhere yet, but if it showing anywhere close you, I highly recommend going to see it. It is a fantastically done documentary. As a gun owner, I feel it was very balanced on the gun-rights issue. The historical background of many of our current gun laws are quite surprising. Far too many people have forgotten just what our civil rights mean, what it has cost to secure them, and how the means to protect those rights are being eroded by Anti-Second Amendment legislation that is thinly veiled as public safety legislation. See it, and don't let politicians destroy what so many have fought to preserve.