Reviews

• May 06, 2020

Nice to see stats and facts not twisted to fit a narrative.

Nice to see stats and facts not twisted to fit a narrative.

• Nov 20, 2017

While the emerging history of gun rights and control was interesting to watch and well done, the bias is clear via grossly exaggerated numbers of self-defense and barely-mentioned numbers of the body count. One message comes through loud and clear: Those who don't own guns are just too dumb to understand firearms, the Second Amendment or society.

• May 11, 2014

A great documentary explaining what has happened and now is currently happening, they really brought the facts out on this one, I suggest everyone watch it and to do your research. Instead of watching that really doesn't matter, watch something that might educate you on reality.

• Oct 02, 2013

This is one of the best movies that I have seen that discusses the Second Amendment. I actually consider the listing of Ted Nugent a negative since he was well behaved in his cameo appearance and was only interviewed for a few minutes. Wayne Lapierre and the NRA go virtually unmentioned during the entire movie. Instead the movie focuses on the use of firearms to defend homes during the LA Rodney King riots, Hurricane Katrina and the illegal gun confiscation, and the Battle for Athens Georgia. This is a must see movie.

• Oct 01, 2013

Just watched "Assaulted: Civil Rights Under Fire", a film project I backed on Kickstarter. I felt it was a pretty good documentary with one flaw. While the information is good and interesting the film will mostly only appeal to those that already agree with it's message and strengthen their resolve. I suspect it is not impartial or objective enough to appeal to those that are pro gun control. There is enough information in it to make a pro gun control person rethink their position, but getting them to sit through the film is unlikely. And that is a real target missed. But I give it 4 stars anyway since I did learn some historical things I didn't know from watching it.

• Sep 30, 2013

Finally, a solid program on the Second Amendment. Excellent history and engaging stories of the law and the use of firearms in the United States.

• Sep 30, 2013

This film is a great look into the second amendment. I would highly recommend it to anyone.

• Sep 30, 2013

No documentary I've ever seen is neutral. All take a position. Other reviewers miss this point. For counterpoints or other arguments, viewers would be best served by sampling a variety of material. However, for what this film sets out to do, namely highlight the disparity between the state's and the individual's access to defensive technology, and how political elites seek for themselves what they hope to deny to you and me (for often nefarious and abhorrent purposes, like promoting oppression, racism, and even slavery), it absolutely does it. Resist giving credence to the trivial complaints that it should be the end-all-be-all of the debate. No film does that.

• Aug 04, 2013

Eye opening, presents the arguments in support of the Second Amendment and the history in a relevant manner. Ice_T nailed the narration, perfect!

• Jul 21, 2013

Great movie! It's only preaching to the choir if the rest of the world refuses to come see the truth in this film. There is little that can be done for those that are determined to wallow in there ignorance and prejudice!