The Astronaut Farmer - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Astronaut Farmer Reviews

May 21, 2018
This is to cinema what Mozart is to music. Truly, this was the most inspiring movie I have seen yet. I will recommend it to any children that I see walking by me. This movie cured me. It cleared my pores, watered my crops, and saved my GPA. This film brought me to tears, to laughter, to the meaning of the human experience. The Astronaut Farmer is my only reason for getting up in the morning, Billy Bob Terrell's preformance is undeniably the greatest feat of mankind. It has inspired me to build a spaceship in my barn too, even though I am facing foreclosure.
April 5, 2018
A profound and charming film, that is more than satisfying.
December 30, 2017
Pretty dumb boring bland story that is a movie.
November 21, 2017
If you've ever wanted to to in to space and couldn't, watch this movie.
September 30, 2017
Best family movie ever. Consistent inspiration. Recommended for habitual quitters. It may inspire them to get off their duffs.
August 15, 2017
A rather emotional movie about a washed out astronaut who dreams of going into space.
August 12, 2017
8/12/2017 (2): A nice movie basically about following your dreams, albeit through a very far fetched/impossible way.
July 13, 2017
An enjoyable story of determination and the importance of following through on your dreams. Definitely a unique experience with a charming message.
½ August 20, 2016
This was a fun family movie. It is entertaining and interesting. We enjoyed it.
July 28, 2016
Unusual film that has a point and is well made. Worth watching.
½ June 12, 2016
Although a fry cry from space classics such as Apollo 13, this nice, heartwarming family flick still has enough of the "man can do anything with love of his family behind him" theme to make it worth a watch, along with good performances from Thornton and Madsen. Farfetched but charming.
March 14, 2016
Its one of those typical underdog feel good dramas but what makes it stand out from the rest is the quality of the family aspect to this film. Its very endearing.
February 25, 2016
Anyone can dream about going into space even if you are a farmer!
½ September 13, 2015
The big little kid in all of us will and does love this little/big fable.
Robbanflix
January 2, 2015
A good drama movie about a retired astronaut that still have a dream to reach space so he build his own rocket. This movie reminds much like "The World's Fastest Indian" with A. Hopkins and has the same spirit in a way. I enjoyed this movie and its worth seeing.
½ September 27, 2014
Never give up on your dreams, and by the end of this film you will be screaming, "I get it!" While the message isn't bad, it just shoved in your face so much that it honestly left a bad taste in my mouth; which honestly ruined what is in reality an enjoyable movie at its core.
September 24, 2014
a bit over the top....though the message through the movie was good but the movie was a bit too preachy i felt to be practically implemented for its time....an einstein of his generation(to build a space rocket in your backyard he must be one einstein) tries too hard chasing his dream of being an astronaut after being rejected by nasa's space program...the family was too cute though and supported him blindly(you have to be one btw to support such a notion apart from being retarted too)...anyways,watch it only if you are feeling bored and have no other better alternative to watch....the movie basically just wanted to tell you that you can do anything if you really want to,like making a rocket in your backyard and then flying it.LOL.
ya at a time when we can have robots with souls like us from another planet that turn into cars, jets n stuff(in transformers) or superman,batman and group living amongst us in movies,then why cant an engineer make a space rocket at his own house...again LOL :D :D
½ August 29, 2014
Thornton tries hard, but the script is ordinary and predictable.
April 13, 2014
A movie about perseverance, dreams and trusting in those you love.
April 3, 2014
A charming little movie with a simple positive message and no more scientifically improbable than "Gravity".