Asylum of Satan - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Asylum of Satan Reviews

October 19, 2011
Asylum of Satan is so bad it should make your brain tingle. Super low budget indeed that its 'special fx' consist of a smoke machine, rubber bugs & snakes & a Satan mask that you would be embarrassed to wear out on Halloween. Actually the last bit isn't necessarily true because I do have a taste for the cheap & tacky. The acting is abysmal (especially from Nick Jolley who should have his own cult for all things terrible) to go along w/ a bowel punchingly atrocious script. Never have a seen people's professions so poorly written & that's even by an Ed Wood standard. Physicians & law enforcement officers written w/ jaw dropping incompetence that it all should have you rolling on the floor or @ least rolling your eyes
½ May 20, 2009
A woman has a nervous breakdown and wakes up in an asylum. She finds it strange that all of her fellow patients are dressed in white-hooded robes. Meanwhile, her boyfriend is trying to rescue her. After being turned away the first time, he comes back with a police detective and discovers that the asylum is abandoned and the doctor he spoke to, Dr. Spector, has been dead 20 years. He's very alarmed, however, when he finds out that the supposedly dead Dr. Spector "was picked up several times for worshiping Satan".
366weirdmovies
½ October 19, 2008
A beautiful young woman is transferred against her will to an asylum where the patients dress like Klansmen and sing hymns to Satan. Through a combination of fog machines, rubber snakes, and talk, talk, talk, a vaguely movie-like substance eventually congeals on screen.
June 29, 2008
I saw this little "gem" at a "grindhouse festival" with 2 other films. It was loaded with bad dialouge and acting but there was something oddly fun about some of it. This site says the film is rated PG but I don't think it could've been unless I am confused about what I saw.
March 29, 2008
A grindhouse classic from the director of Grizzly. Cheezy acting, low budget, satanism and an insane asylum! In other words, all the things that made the 70's the greatest decade for low budget horror.