Atlas Shrugged: Part II - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Atlas Shrugged: Part II Reviews

July 1, 2014
Who IS John Galt. Watch and learn.
June 21, 2014
Great book...good movie interpretation. The Hollywood crowd will hate it because it shows them that their philosophy of life is wrong.
½ April 28, 2014
I have no idea what the critics were watching. The audience meter is obviously much more appropriate. Hopefully part 3 wont be a letdown.
April 25, 2014
Slightly better but still awful.
½ April 21, 2014
Poorly acted. I read a review that it was similar to a religious flick in acting and reverence for its' subject matter and found that review appropriate. Interesting plot having never read the book.
½ April 5, 2014
Poor remake of a great book
½ March 14, 2014
Few things in life will cause you more anger and disappointment than if you were a fan of part 1 and excited to continue the cliffhanging story. Every single character is downgraded. Every single one. How that's possible I don't even know. Worst of all replacing Dagny with an actress 14 years her senior!? Like we wouldn't notice? I thought Hollywood was a fickle town that went younger not ludacrisly older. This movie ruined my life for like a week. I'm not ashamed to admit it
March 13, 2014
Great book, why doesn't someone else remake this instead if remaking great movies already told well.
February 23, 2014
I don't hate Ayn Rand, I feel sorry for her. She worshiped meritocracy so ardently, but was there ever such a pi$$-poor writer? And dramatic films based on hysterical polemics are rarely watchable. Maybe it would work better as a comedy?why don't we let Buck Henry take a crack at Atlas Shrugged?
February 17, 2014
This film is Ayn Rand's ode to the joy of alternative energy. I thought the acting in this film was not as good as the original, but the plot was filled with more substance. I am not a fan of Rand, & the plot is highly unrealistic in many scenes; but still very entertaining. The film once again does bring up some really good points about government over reaching, but the plot is a stretch for much of the plot. I also found the main characters to be too blaise about the plight of their fellow citizens which is typical in Rand's novels. There is too much focus on "me" rather than the common good. Sometimes I thought are these people living in an intellectual vacuum where everyone is greedy & self-interested?? The movie is almost too smart for itself. I actually thought "The Fountainhead" from the 1950's was a lot better than these. I also thought it was more realistic. This film is worth seeing but not a great intellectual piece. You have to know going in what this is to really like it.
February 14, 2014
The first was an ideological mess - contrived, convoluted, and flawed. This one is all that and more. The title was originally going to be Atlas Shrugged: Either Or, may I suggest one? Atlas Shrugged Geriatric: Ten Years and Endless Smokes Later. Because that's how the film felt like it picked up from the last, the actors were swapped for worse - and kind of frumpy looking - ones at least ten years older than the first, I'm guessing they couldn't get Taylor Schilling or the guy from "Ugly Betty" to sign back on. It's poorly acted, badly written, and has special effects I might have made on my old MacBook (note: if you can't afford realistic effects, just imply that they happened to avoid getting an unintentional laugh). I'm sort of waiting to see where the third part takes us, to a nursing home? I don't know, but oddly, I want to.
January 21, 2014
This trilogy gets better as it comes to its conclusion, but it looks as if we are going to have to wait a while to see the ending.
½ January 4, 2014
In an attempt to save capitalism, they actually burried it!
December 26, 2013
good sequel with a different cast.
December 24, 2013
Jed from The Beverly Hillbillies played an intelligent engineer and an actor who does Bellin Health commercials in Green Bay played Jim Taggart, it's like they didn't even try to make a decent film.
December 22, 2013
While the story picked up a bit in this installment, the complete changing of the actors from the original to this one was very distracting and not for the better in most instances. Kim Rhodes was an upgrade for Lillian Rearden, but the rest just didn't resonate with me - especially Mathis as Dagny. Whoever planned this trilogy did a horrible job on the casting front. The pacing was faster, but it still was like watching a TV series instead of a movie. Still barely passable.
December 22, 2013
In this one I was bit unhappy that actors that were in last one were swished out cause I had grown attached to faces and their style. it took some getting use to but I was able to to deal with it.
December 20, 2013
I hope every person who played a part in the making of this movie realizes their homogeneity to the National Socialist German Workers' Party.
December 14, 2013
Part 2 is visually impressive but less so than Part 1, which unfortunately was practically the only good thing about the first film. The story continues to be thoroughly absurd -- but that is the fault of Ayn Rand, not of the filmmakers. The characters in Part 2 are less cartoonish than they were in Part 1 but they still say stupid lines of unrealistic dialog. The new cast is pretty good but like the cast of Part 1, their performances are limited by the unrealism of the characters and thye bad dialog they have to speak.
½ December 8, 2013
This continues the story, the only reason I didn't give this 5 stars is because they had to change the cast. Not only was that jarring to me, but I really didn't care for some of the actors they picked. I did some research and it sounds like it was really out of their control fincially, so it's hard to hold too much of a grudge. So just be prepared for that.